Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2008, 07:19 AM   #1
DL N K
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2888
attic vent help

This weekend while cleaning the roof, I noticed that the covers for the attic vents on our 3500RL were starting to show their age. When I bumped one with the brush, I could hear faint cracking sounds. These are the attic vents, the cover is, I'm guessing 6 inches round.
These are not the plumbing vents, but the attic vents, 1 up front and 1 at the very rear.
Anyone know where to find replacement covers for these, and how to remove them? I'm guessing they would pop off with a little pressure.
Thanks,
Dickie

DL N K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Are those the same as the vent covers for the tanks? I'm curious as we don't have attic ventilation, and I would like to add some.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:45 AM   #3
DL N K
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2888
No, not the same vents. About 6" round and only a couple of inches tall.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
Russ and Sandy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #561
I have EXACTLY the same problem (and question). I have contacted numerous dealers and RV parts departments and NOT ONE of them have ever heard of them! I took one off of a 2009 Big Sky and showed it to the parts manager at RV America (Loveland, CO) and we could not find it in any Keystone parts listing.

Has anyone come up with a source for the cover?

By the way, the cover unscrews in a normal counterclockwise direction, There is a little flat plastic deflector underneath the cover. The deflector I removed from the Big Sky was held in place by a hex nut. The hex nut is missing on mine.
Russ and Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:05 AM   #5
DL N K
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2888
I went to a local Keystone, (Everest not Montana) dealer to see if they had them. The parts guy didn't have a clue what I was talking about, so we walked out to a new Everest so I could show him. He then ask how many I needed, removed the two from the Everest, found the part number in his computer, sold me those 2 and reordered to replace the ones he 'borrowed' from the new Everest. I'll dig around and see if I still have the invoice with the part numbers listed. After I got the old ones off, they weren't as bad as I thought.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:23 AM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
We just took what remained of one into our Montana dealer and they ordered them for us. They knew exactly what to get. Took about 10 days and we had them.

Hamrad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #7
Russ and Sandy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #561
Thanks DL N K and HamRad.
DL N K, I'll hope that your invoice can help me out - THANKS for checking.

HamRad, maybe I'll run into a "knowledgeable" dealer yet! I did leave my VIN with the RV America Parts Dept in Denver and they are going to get back with me.

I sent a note to Keystone and the response was that they don't sell directly, but a local dealer would help me and set the price. In my request I had explained that none of 4 Denver area Keystone dealers nor 3 other parts departments even knew what I was talking about. So, I sent a reply asking again for the part number. Haven't heard back...

Anyway, I'm sure there will be a solution soon.
Russ and Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote