Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
blamb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8858
Exercising IN the Montana - bad?

So, here's my question: is it a bad idea to exercise vigorously inside the Montana? I'm talking about jumping up and down (jumping jacks, for example), aerobics (which with some you do a lot of side to side hopping), things like that. I was also thinking about trying one of those dance games, with the pads with arrows that you jump on in one place. But I was wondering if this would damage the Montana floor, or shake the whole thing so much that it damages something else? Anyone know? I mean I am not planning on jumping 6 feet in the air and crashing down or anything, lol. Just regular hopping and jumping for exercise.

blamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I think the cheap carpet would wear out before the floor or frame. If I weighed 300 lbs or so I probably would not do much of that.....Maybe others will have better advice.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #3
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
I'm interested in this response as well because we have a Wii system with a Wii fit accessory. Not that I get too vigorous, but DH goes crazy when we play tennis!!
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:02 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well I tip the scales, did I say "TIP"? , more like I TIP the trailer, at over 300 pounds. I don't think I'll be doing any kind of jumping, dancing, hopping. Heck, I get the trailer rocking and rolling by just walking in it.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:54 AM   #5
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
You'll have all the neighbors sitting out in their lawn chairs!
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:43 AM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
That gives new meaning to; "If the trailer's rockin', don't come knockin'"

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:56 AM   #7
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
I'm sure pulling the trailer down the road will put more stress on the rig that you could. Just be care-full around the floor vents, there pretty weak.
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:28 AM   #8
blamb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8858
LOL @ some of the responses. I hadn't even thought of that. The best thing is I'll be living in it alone, so they'll REALLY wonder! LOL!

P.S. I was also thinking about trying Wii fit too.

I guess the reason I wondered why exercising might be considered different than being hauled down the road is because when you're towing it, it just goes side to side naturally and the leveling jacks are up. But if you're exercising in it, you're parked, and you're causing it to go side to side a bit, with the leveling jacks down, and there is a more concentrated area of stress on the floor itself (where you're exercising).

I don't want to damage it but I need some way to exercise when the weather is inclement, without paying a gym membership for a bunch of other people to watch my fat jiggle around.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #9
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
We bought our grandkids a Wii last Christmas. Liked it so much we bought us one along with the WiiFit accessory. We take it along with us and use it in the Monty. Gives a pretty good workout without a lot of jumping around. It is so much fun, you don't realize what a workout you are getting until you realize you are out of breath. We prefer walking and biking, but during bad weather it provides a decent workout.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:32 AM   #10
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
I like the idea of wii wii-ing in the Monty. I will have to put that on my wish list. Jon
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:13 PM   #11
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
How about buying some Armstrong Jacks and doing your exercises LOL! (Give the support where needed),
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:58 AM   #12
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
I use the Wii Fit and Jillian Michaels new video to exercise IN the monty. You're using the wii fit balance board, and there is very little stress on the floor. It's a much better workout than the wii fit program, different, but both will leave little stress on the floor. I think even wii sports would be fine.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:34 AM   #13
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Since there is some defection in the Montana's floor (At least I noted this is my own and two other units) I would think a carpeted board measuring say 30X30 would spread the impacts and also save the trailer's carpet. A rubber backed industrial carpet would also protect the hip/knee and ankle joints. When not in use it could slip under the couch.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #14
blamb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8858
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MacDR50

Since there is some defection in the Montana's floor (At least I noted this is my own and two other units) I would think a carpeted board measuring say 30X30 would spread the impacts and also save the trailer's carpet. A rubber backed industrial carpet would also protect the hip/knee and ankle joints. When not in use it could slip under the couch.
Good ideas! And if I decide to go with "Dance Dance Revolution" or something similar, those games use a padded mat with rubber backing as part of the game, step on the right squares and such. That may work similarly, since I'd be stressing the game's mat instead of the carpet, right?