Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2008, 02:41 AM   #1
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Big Sky 10th Anniversary Edition???

For those who have the Big Sky 10 Anniversary Edition. What do you think about the new Remote Control system. And what is you towing weight pin weight? Also what would you have changed if you could. We haven't seen the new 10th except in pictures and on the Keystone site. And what was the MSRP? Thanks. GBY...

Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:51 AM   #2
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Delaine and Lindy.... MUDCHIEF (Dennis) will probably be along in a minute to tell you about the New BIG SKY, he has seen it and has even talked the Kansas City Dealer to bring one down to BRANSON MO for the MONTANA GET TOGETHER IN MAY... You might think about attending, There will be special pricing deals in Branson and a lot of fun too. Should you happen to swing the deal, there will be plenty of help there to move everything from your old unit to the BRAND NEW BIG SKY.... Heck of a deal don't you think..... BRANSON IS GREAT IN 2008
Safe Travels John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
MikeM
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6892
We're scheduled to PDI our new 10th Anniversary Big Sky 365REQ tomorrow, so will know more after we've had a chance to get it scaled. Haven't had a chance to try the remote yet, but the concept is good. Overall, the 10th Anniversary models have some excellent improvements and we can't wait for the acid test of actually living in it.

More after tomorrow......
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
bjlks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4218
We like the remote control system, makes life a little easier.Have not got around to weigh pin weight yet, no problem towing.The only thing we changed was the commode, we moved it back against the wall, was not much room before, makes a big difference.Ducted second ac is great cools off quickly, bedroom is quite when running, nice to be able to set temp for zone 1 and 2. We opted for the full paint, Keystone did a very good job painting,overall we are very pleased with all changes and quality, just the minor things that were fixed when PDI was done.
bjlks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Brad,

That is one snazzy looking unit, have to ask about those supports under the slides?? Or, am I seeing something different and don't know what it is I am looking at??? Did someone tell you that you need those??

Delaine & Lindy,

The 10th edition Montana has that remote control system as well, the little key bob and accompanying switches for slides, awning, legs, even the back supports (?? I think ??) Saw on that new rig that Ma and Pa Wilson got when they totaled their 3295 on the way to Mission late last fall. If that is what you mean about remote control, they have it. He seemed to be rather happy with it when he left the Valley this spring, have not chatted with him since.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #6
bjlks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4218
Those are slide out supports,for the big slide only,have used then on previous units.I read in owners manual that if slide is out for a extened time should be supported,supports only for big slide and are just touching slide frame no load on supports. I am not sure if they are needed, but have not had any problems.
bjlks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:45 AM   #7
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Brad,

The fellows will correct me if I am wrong, I am sure.

I was pretty sure those were slide supports.

I believe the general concensus is that they are NOT needed, and in fact, could be trouble with a big T.

We have had our slides out for 3 months at a time, and no supports.

I believe once of the concerns is, what happens if, heaven forbid, our great tires go flat while you are sitting there. Now, what happens with those supports??

There are probably some other arguments against supports, use your best judgement, they are something rarely seen in the Rio Grande Valley where thousands of Winter Texans gather for the winter months, and we all pull em in, set em up and leave em set for 3 to 6 months. In fact, I will have to say, I am not sure I have ever seen a set used in any of the parks we have been in in the RGV.

Enjoy that unit, and hey, let us know bout that paint job in 6 months, a year, year and a half, etc.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote