Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2008, 02:18 PM   #21
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Thanks Ron. I just made an appointment with Colliers Sky Harbor to do warranty repairs on my unit. Ken Rasor is the service manager and has always bent over backwards to help me. That's why I would go to him regardless.

c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:59 PM   #22
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Ron, I don't think you can go wrong with Rollin-On. They have always had the reputation that all customers are to be serviced the same. So when they say you may be a future client they mean it. I can remember when they started the business. It has only grown to todays size because of their dedication to the customers. Can they make mistakes, have a bad day, have employees not say or do the correct things? absolutely just as any other business has done. Do they try to make it right? Again yes. I bought my 1st rv from a local competitor when I was shopping for the 2nd they said they were not going to loose the sale. They were right I bought the 2nd rv from them then a 3rd and now I'm looking at a 4th. Great people.

Ron when your down here give me a call and will get a coffee if you have time. I'm only a couple of miles away on US 30.
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:30 PM   #23
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Chuck -

I bought my last two RV's from Kris at Rollin On and have had real good luck with them. Unfortunately we're over 100 miles away now, but I haven't had good luck with any of the other dealers up here in Wisconsin. PM me and let me know how to contact you. I'll be back down to pick up my unit in three weeks (gotta' travel to Germany/Italy on business for two weeks).

Dick -
I got a return delivery error on Ed Collier and I know the email was right because I found it somewhere else on the web. I sent it to there service department and it went through but my guess is they won't forward to him. We'll see.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:27 PM   #24
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Dick in wis if you go north more go to mich and go to hilltop rv .,, i didn't buy from them but they have great service ,, i bought in fl at tri-am but have had no service there as we are not near them but i go to hilltop and in fl to northtrail rv for service both are great on service but the price on there units are high so be it john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:22 AM   #25
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Ron, have you called Greenway RV in Wisconsin rapids? Thats where we bought our Big Sky, they seem to be really helpful. Granted we bought there but they didn't seem to be the snooty types that only worked on "their" sales. Granted they are about 160 miles away but they may work with you... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #26
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
I feel your pain. I was also told by a dealer since I did not buy it from them they would not work on it. It is real simple. I was the happy owner of a Montana travel trailer. I felt loyal to their product. They have lost that because of the dealer network and their failure to care about their customers. I can get bad service anywhere. I do not need to pay Keystone extra for it. I did let Montana know and it was no surprise their dealer network is the way it is. I also have to differ with kissing the you know what of the service manager. I am always polite but if you have sold or are trying to sell the way it works is to make the buyer happy. Somehow in the good old USA that has been forgotten. I am currently looking for someone to sell me and install a 2nd AC. You can bet the local Montana dealers phone will not ring. Hope it was worth it to them. Also please do not tell me that Keystone does not have control over their dealers. Who gets the new RV's, the dealer with the best customer satisfaction of course. Who gets better discounts? The dealers with the least customer complaints. Dealer quality is easy to control. Whew I feel better now.
mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:54 PM   #27
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Keystone/Montana is no different than what we experienced with Forest River/Cedar Creek. There are good and bad experiences and lots of stories about lack of service from the non selling dealer. Years ago with VW there was control by the manufacturer over the dealer but that changed not just with VW but most of the automotive major brands.

What you are experiencing is not new to the industry. The sad part is the lack of national recognition supporting customers' service requirements. Fortunately that is still recognized by the automotive industry.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote