Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2007, 12:21 PM   #21
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We had looked all last winter for a 5th wheel, The Jayco 29 FBS was just not big enough for two adults and two hundred pound labs. We went everywhere in south Ga and north Fl. Each time we went into a 3400RL we would get the same warm feeling. We went through at least 50 different brands and models. When we headed home for Wisconsin we saw our first Big Sky. That was in mid May, we ordered the BS in July with insulated windows. We have loved it since we picked it up in Oct. and still love it. We actually get two miles per gallon better mileage than with the Jayco which weighed 3000lbs less. The only problem we had was the upper lights in the fireplace and I think that is just a faulty pot or loose wire going to the pot. An easy fix either way. We had decided last spring to go fulltime and listed out sticks and bricks in June. Bravo Zulu to Keystone... Dave and Betsy

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:40 PM   #22
dwstockman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7272
Our rig fits our needs and I really enjoy the way other 5er owners stop and admire the Montana when we drive by... it's just a good looking unit!
dwstockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:34 PM   #23
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Everything...it's just like home!
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:06 PM   #24
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
What I like best--where ever it is parked I am home. And if I don't like where it is parked I can move it to another place.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:13 PM   #25
mamashappy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7633
there is so much that i like, so i will focus on the biggies. after years in a pop-up, i LOVE my bathroom just right there. i also love the way my Monty feels like my home, my haven ... i always feel perfectly relaxed when in my Monty .... sleep so good! life is so much simpler, and peaceful when in my 5ver. I love the way it looks so classy, and i am proud to be the owner of such a magnificant 5th wheel. i could go on and on .... but my family knows from my often stated comment: "i love my DazyLyn".
mamashappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:21 AM   #26
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
The best thing about the Montana is that wherever I am, I am at home. Even in a rest area, I can use my own home!! The next best is MOC. Our friends are invaluable. This forum is invaluable.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:22 AM   #27
Art
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5316
We love the floorplan...always have! When the 3670RL opens up, it amazes every person that enters it. We have had few problems and our next one will be another Montana. I didn't know when we bought it that the Montana name carries alot of prestige with it. Although it's 5 years old, it looks new (with maintenance and care)and we will probably be keeping it for a long time. The latest RV show did NOT impress my wife or me!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:51 PM   #28
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
We would have to agree with what Tom and Sandy wrote regarding having NO problems. We love, love our Mountaineer and everything about it-especially our bathroom. And the openness of the floor plan of our 329 RLT. Wish we could be in it
more often. We have been known to go out there and just sit in it in our own yard. Our little piece of heaven.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:49 PM   #29
Katja_and_Michael
Established Member

M.O.C. #5129
We've been full-timing for 2 years now, and find the quality in our 3400RL is much better than the stick house we were renting for the previous 10 years. Many times we look around in here and say to each other "I like this place!"

Katja
Katja_and_Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #30
osofine
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7471
Send a message via AIM to osofine
We bought our monty used in July 07. But we shopped them for over 2 yrs. The quality was better than comparable units. A lot of them had vinyl wrapped wood trim. ick! And I just loved the island kitchen. I know it takes up a lot of space - leaves less living room - but we don't square dance in our living room anyway. I love the 2 room concept that the island kitchen conveys. When the slides are out the living room-kitchen is 12 feet wide - just like my family room in my stick house. Although we have only been out in our monty once - we are really comfortable in it. It is just like home. We did have to remove the table so that we can get in and out without extending the slides.(another small drawback of the island kitchen that I love).
osofine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:25 PM   #31
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by buschet1

I am very happy that this thread was started. Thank you Okie Guy. Every time we open the door and step into our Montana we have a rush of joy and a feeling of total freedom. I am very proud to be pulling this rig down the road.

As Dan turned into Cotton Hill State COE Park in Georgia this evening, he said, "We're home."

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:37 PM   #32
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
What I like in particular is after a day out & about checking the local fare, we come home to our rig and it just feels good. I know what's there, and don't have to worry where my sheets and pillows have been.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote