Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #21
2golfers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4579
Our first 5th wheel was also a Keystone Sprinter,new 2001, We had only one problem w/A/C and had it replaced within the first month. Once we decided the RV life was for us we started looking at the Montanas we liked what we saw and bought a year earlier than planned to get this floor plan, 2006 3670RL this plan is not made anymore. I found this forum about a year before we purchased our monty and still was not discouraged, I looked at it as an information site, for instance we knew to replace the remote controlled central air and heat unit before purchase and through the information of this site knew exactly what to replace it with. I don't post very often but I find a world of information here, Again we had to have the bedroom a/c replaced. Love the 1/2 time oven, I know I'm a minority here, The only structural problem we have had has been a leak in the shower drain, again the fix was solved complete w/pictures on this site. We have lived in the unit about 9 mos out of the year since about 6 mos after purchase, and have been very happy. The latest problem has been a surround sound speaker bracket has broken and needs to be replaced, and I know I have seen that problem also on this site so will start searching again. Or if anyone rememebers where to get a replacement let me know. So my advice is to enjoy your unit and know that like Glen says the problems are minor, compared to the posts, but if it happens it can be solved here.

2golfers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:56 PM   #22
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
I think I feel better now...If this weather continues up here we may just head out for a three day break in...
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:17 AM   #23
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
One failure is not a problem. Granted this is a sample of a sample of Montana owners it has pointed out two "problems" simply by the number of repeat posts with the same failure. One was for previous model years and appears to be known, accepted and fixable, the shackle wear/quality problem. The other is also well known, reported on other sites as well and seemingly accepted by the distributer, the Mission tire failure rates. It is also fixable at a much higher cost. In the automotive industry one or both would be the subject of a mandatory recall. This said I have looked at many posts in many forums related to many other brands. All have their "problems" because many use identical components, designs and even construction techniques. I have not seen any fit, finish or quality of workmanship problems with Montana's. A few glitches maybe, an odd overlooked detail or a bad part are to be expected. I am a research nut and I am happy with my choice and I haven't plunked down the cash yet.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:11 PM   #24
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
We did..the idea was to take delivery, load it up and ship out to texas for the winter.........The Dr. changed our winter plans..so I have to sit and look at it rather than use it and find out what I can do.....thats the problem.. I think too much...
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:02 PM   #25
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
What can I say? Absolutely no problems with our Mountaineer today. I can't say the same for my Yamaha Grizzly.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:02 AM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm late getting into this thread but agree with those who point out one of our purposes is to ask for help. We have to report problems to do that. When you look at the number of problems compared to the number of rigs you realize the problems are very few. But that doesn't help if you have a problem rig, of course.

A few years ago, right around the 2004/2005 model year, Montana's growth in production and sales was so great the production line went from 21 units per day to 37. That's when we saw an increase in problems, many of which can be attributed to pushing the rigs through the assembly line too quickly. Once they increased facilities so the rigs didn't get rushed through so quickly, the number of problems seemed to drop back to where it was before.

There are still problems as there will be with anything mechanical, especially considering how they get dragged down the highway, but overall the numbers are not unusual in my opinion. I'm just glad people are willing to point out problems, and solutions, on this forum. It's become a goldmine for me.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote