Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2007, 02:00 PM   #1
Wagonmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3754
Your opinion please..

We are looking at a 3650rk and would like some feedback, if possible on anyone having one. Both pros and cons would be greatly appreciated.We are still waiting for the stone house to sell so we can go fulltime. It a slow market here in Az.It has been 7 months, a lot of lookers but no offers. I can thankfully say I have been cancer free for two years now,so not every thing is bad news. Thank you for all your support in the past. God bless and good health to everyone also happy camping...Janet

Wagonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #2
GlobalDouglas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6376
Janet, can't provide feedback on 3650 but wanted to express my joy that you 2 years cancer free. Cancer has certaily left its mark on me and my family. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those living with cancer and those living cancer free! Have fun, celebrate life and keep the faith!
GlobalDouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Janet
It is so good to hear you are cancer free! Good luck with your house, ours goes up in a couple of weeks. Hope to see you on the road someday.
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
If the kitchen is a major focus of your interest, then I think the RK is the answer. To me, it has the feel of a kitchen in a stick house. This isn't our focus. We like the large airy living space provided by the 3670. The kitchen is really secondary and out of the way, more of a utility area than a comfort zone.

It sounds like your plan is like ours was. Sell the house and buy the Montana. The proceeds from the house would determine what we might consider. However, one of those deals you can't pass up came into view. It was both the RV and the TV for half the price of a new rig. We ended up with a 4% loan on both the RV and the TV, stretched our payments out as many years as possible, and waited for the house to sell. It was a tough 7 months, but house sold and the proceeds more than paid off the notes on the rig. Now we are enjoying a debt free life-style.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:20 AM   #5
mfoss
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2923
Janet, GREAT news on being cancer free!! I can't offer an opinion on the 3650RK but Stiles' reply makes a lot of sense to me.
mfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:51 AM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Great news and best wishes on you health!

I looked at the 3650 and really liked it. I thought my wife would love it, but she reacted the opposite. She did not want to dedicate that much room to the kitchen (who would have thought).

Best thing is to just sit down in one and get a feel for a while. They all have thier little pros and cons but it really is a trivial list. There are trade offs and sacrafices with every model.

Happy shopping!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:30 AM   #7
rlrich
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5319
We live in and love our 3650. The feeling of having three separate "rooms" (kitchen, living and bedroom) is what we really enjoy. We also like lots of windows. I need to see what's going on all around me. It is kind of a pain when you want to pull all the shades since there are ten of them in the living room and kitchen. Due to all the glass area I would also recommend dual pane windows. Our previous trailer did not have dual panes and much less glass area. It was not near as oblivious to outside noise as our Montana. The one thing I would really like is the 3650 with a side aisle. When Keystone rolls out that SA floorplan in the 3650 we will be trading.

It's all in a person's preferences as to what will work best for each individual. That's why we see many different trailers and floorplans. We've lived in ours pretty much trouble free for almost a year now. Going through the process of selling our home was not fun at all, but the relief when it was all said and done was great. We have not regreted our choice to live in a trailer at all.

Good luck and hope you will be happy with whatever choice you may make.
rlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:19 AM   #8
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Janet, congrats on being cancer free for 2 years. Will still keep you in our prayers.
No opinion on the 3650rk as we own a 3400rl. Good luck on your new adventure and selling you home.

Paul and Sue
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:32 AM   #9
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
We seriously looked an RK. However, we figured we be spending more time in the living area so we wanted all the glass and big windows in the part of the trailer where we would be...thus the RL.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:47 PM   #10
rgn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5555

We have a 2005 3295rk and we love it. last year 4 mo and 18000 miles later.
Still love the RK. the only way to GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
rgn
rgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #11
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Janet we have a 3650RK and just love it. We are new to RVing and this is our first RV. My DW picked it out for the rear kitchen. We looked at others but decided on the 3650RK. We have had two maiden cruises and a week long trip to the Oregon Coast back in October. So far we are very satisfied with it. We don't have any "Cons" except there is no computer desk - but I have worked around that. There are always different ways to accomplish something.

Glad to hear you have been Cancer Free for the last two years. Annie retired from Cancer Care Northwest two years ago.

Good luck in selling your home. We are thinking of downsizing so we have more time to travel
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:53 PM   #12
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Janet that is really wonderful news to be cancer free! Your home will probably sell with spring coming soon.
We do not have a 3650RK but we do have the 3585SA and it has a rear kitchen. We like the feel of having 3 separate rooms...I also think I have more counter space too. We have not used it yet but soon.
Go with the floor plan that feels best to you and all should go fine.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:10 PM   #13
Briarglenn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6613
For what it's worth, we looked hard at the 3650RK, but noticed the lack of overhead cupboards. Secondly, when it came down to our final decision the placement of the Wash/Dry was a key factor. Finally, we were like Cat320 and wanted to enjoy the view.
Briarglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:23 PM   #14
traveljunkie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6224
Janet,

Congratulations on being cancer free for 2 years! That puts everything into perspective.

I love the layout of the 3650rk. We have a 344RET Mountaineer, but the 3650rk will be our next rig. I love the kitchen area. I also like the center living area - the only thing it's missing for us is a desk, but we are working out where we can fit one in.

Good luck on your selection!

Beth
traveljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #15
dannyl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4190
I have a 248 RLS Mountaineer and really enjoy the three areas.
Congraduations on your cure "we hope". I had a heart attack last year and it left me with the desire to get on with my plans on full-timing in my RV.
Good luck and good camping.
dannyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:58 AM   #16
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Janet, we have had our 3650rk since dec.04 and love it. It pulls incredibly easy for it's size and the kitchen layout was the draw for the wife. We have had some minor issues that are not unique to this unit and the only thing I would change if I could would be putting in a large two door fridge so I could make better use of this grand kitchen.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:32 AM   #17
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
We have had our 3650rk Since Oct of 05. Very nice choice for us, with the three seperate rooms..... allows the girls to carry on an do what girls do!!!!! Without messing up the TV - GUY room, also works the opposite for the guys & card games.
Plenty of counter and storage, and allows for a great cooking area, my extra pounds will also vouch for how it works for us. Oh, tows great.
The one draw back that that includes every MONTANA MADE..... It's one heck of a lot of 5th wheel when your washing or waxing ha ha. See More in Branson 17 - 20 May 07 Safe Travels to everyone John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote