Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2007, 06:28 AM   #1
sedwheathome
Established Member

M.O.C. #6730
2955RL tech ?/hot water

We're getting our Montana 2955RL for camping season, but we're having difficulty getting hot water to run in the back kitchen area. Water pump is working fine, getting great pressure...just cold water. We found the by-pass valve near the hot water heater. We're getting hot water to the bathroom sink and shower, but not kitchen.

Is there another by-pass valve? Grateful for any assistance

sedwheathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Hi Sedwheathome,

We don't have any other bypass valve in our 2980, but it can take (what seems like forever) to get hot water back to the kitchen sink.
and it's closer to the HW tank than yours. Maybe something inside the tap it self is not working?
Keep us posted.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #3
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Hello, We have a 2005 2955RL. I get great hot water almost right away from the bath sink. You have to run it for a couple of minutes to the kitchen sink to get some good hot water. Probably nothing wrong, just a model issue.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #4
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
We are also owners of 2955RL (2002 model). Funny, but we get hot water much more quickly at the kitchen sink because it is right over the hot water heater. In the five years, we have had no problem so can't help with the question about a check valve.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
David,

Our 06 2955 has the water heater on the street side right by the basement so it does have a little bit to travel. I know we sometimes have to wait awhile but I'm used to it waiting to get hot water up to the master bath in our stick house.

Just an FYI, Annette and I are going to be over in Buena in a couple weekends, May 12 I think. We're using that one free night thing that KOA does every year. My mom my come along too, we're looking forward to that.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
sedwheathome
Established Member

M.O.C. #6730
Thank everyone for their responses. About the time my wife posted, I had given up. I'll try again tomorrow evening after work to let the water run for 2-3 minutes at the kitchen. It does have a long way to travel from the hot water tank. This forum is one of the reasons the wife & I bought the Montana a few months ago. Even though this is a 2005 unit, it had sit on the lot for two years, & I have to admit, I was a little bit scared to purchase. Glad we did. Everything on the unit works great. We will take her on the maiden voyage next weekend for 3 night stay at a local state park & finally feel what it is like to sleep in a Montana!!

Thank You
Berea, KY
sedwheathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:44 AM   #7
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
When I bought my 2955, I figured I would keep it for about a year and then up-grade. That was in October 2002. We still have the same unit...still think about up-grading...and still use the unit at least 6 months out of each year. We did a few changes (better water pump, better stereo, better recliners, etc.) but it is still the same 2955RL I bought over 4 years ago.

We are beginning to see uneven tire wear with our 6,000 lb axles, the decals colors aren't quite as bright as they used to be, but we will keep it for at least another year (maybe 2) before we buy another Montana.

I hope you enjoy your coach as much as we have enjoyed ours.

Happy trails,
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:04 AM   #8
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Sedwheathome,
If you are getting only cold water out the hot side could there be a problem with the faucet mixing valve where it will only open the cold water through? You can take the line off from the faucet and rig up a bucket so you can test to see if you get hot, if you do it's the faucet that's the problem. Not sure how to get the line into a bucket.

Could the hot and cold be reverse?

I think there is a check valve out of the hot water tank so you can't blow the line back to the tank.

That's about all I can think of so good luck and let us know what you find out.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:32 AM   #9
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
sedwheat: You must have a late production '05 if your water heater is on the street side away from the kitchen. Earlier production '05 2955's had the water heater right in the kitchen. DO check to make sure you don't have hot when putting it in the cold position. Mine had the supply hoses to the sink reversed when it came from the factory. Hot and cold were backwards. 2 minute fix to swap the lines around.
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote