Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #1
Montana_6082

M.O.C. #6082
Blue Awning

This subject may have already been addressed, but couldn't find anything on the topic. We purchased a 2006 model 3295 this summer. The unit was manufactured in Jan 2006. The 2006 models have brown and grey trim, but we discovered the awning was blue. This was apparently inventory left over from the 2005 models, when the trim was blue. The later 2006 models do come with brown awning. Contacted Keystone, but their response was "too bad". Isn't covered under warranty. Am I being picky expecting the colors to match? Has anyone else experienced this? Any recourse?

Montana_6082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:09 PM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
rusben, I was wondering the same thing about our '06 3000RK. Awning is blue, trim is as you said, brown and gray. I didn't know they had a different color awning to match the trim, I just assumed that's the way it was supposed to be. I hadn't really let it bother me, but now...........lol.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:14 PM   #3
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Hi Rusben,

Welcome to the Forum.
There has been discussions on this in the past. I don't know if any one got the awnings changed or not.
It probably gets filed under (what you should have found doing your PDI).
Some one should be along with more shortly.Good luck, I know that would bug me.

You can read these.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...hTerms=+AWNING

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
This topic was brought up previously. I do not understand why they would do that, but apparently a few others have complained about this. When you pay so much for your unit, I think the colors should coordinate. You will be out there in America with it, wouldn't you think Keystone would care?!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:23 PM   #5
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Keep on them!......squeaky wheels get oiled
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:44 AM   #6
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
Screw-ups like this are not good for the company image. It is out there right in everyones face. Sure hope you can get it straightened out and that THE COMPANY management finds out who is responsible and let them resign quietly
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:31 AM   #7
larryngail
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #888
Keep on Keystone's butt. Maybe you want to take a trip to Indiana. This kind of thing is about as okay as not being able to get the wood fronts on the fridge. Good grief!
larryngail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:19 PM   #8
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
I would certainly keep calling and asking for the brown awning. We have seen some with the blue and that was our first question. "Why would Keystone do that?"
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:09 PM   #9
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by larryngail

Keep on Keystone's butt. Maybe you want to take a trip to Indiana. This kind of thing is about as okay as not being able to get the wood fronts on the fridge. Good grief!
That awning was one of the first thing I checked out during my pre-PDI. I asked the sales guy what color was it, and he said "I don't know". So we pulled it out, which I was going to do anyway to make sure it retracted properly, and I was happy that it wasn't blue. We women like stuff coordinated The worse thing I hate is to buy something and find out you were cheated by not getting exactly what you expected. I would stay on Keystone's BUTT! Allison
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote