Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2007, 01:51 PM   #21
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Just this very morning, when we were pulling out of our park near Loudonville, Ohio, we passed a group of friends (at least I guess they were friends since they had their campers in a semi-circle ) standing outside having their morning coffee. They all stopped talking and just stared at us as we drove by. We smiled and waved ... they smiled and waved ... and, since they weren't waving their arms hysterically and running after us to tell us we were dragging our electric cord or something like that, we realized they were completed overcome by our magnificent Montana ... and our new truck, of course !

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #22
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Even though I only have the Mountaineer I have expeienced this as well, usually a pleasant greeting and wave. I pulled in one park a day later than some friends of ours and they told me how we were the talk of the park as we come in. I enjoy the RV bunch much better than the Hotel snobs. I almost always get treated like a long lost friend and get to talking with a perfect stranger and we are instant friends. Not in Hotels. And not this one occasion this very old couple in a "very nice" trailer, as I set up they stared at me the whole time. I waved at them, said hello yet they just stared at me and not a friendly stare. I made several attempts to greet them as we moved about the park I still do not know what their problem was.
I guess it is truely their problem.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:37 PM   #23
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vickir

Just this very morning, when we were pulling out of our park near Loudonville, Ohio, we passed a group of friends (at least I guess they were friends since they had their campers in a semi-circle ) standing outside having their morning coffee. They all stopped talking and just stared at us as we drove by. We smiled and waved ... they smiled and waved ... and, since they weren't waving their arms hysterically and running after us to tell us we were dragging our electric cord or something like that, we realized they were completed overcome by our magnificent Montana ... and our new truck, of course !
It depends Vicki. If women it was probably the Montana, if it was a bunch of guys then it was probably the new truck.
Jim Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:57 AM   #24
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We know the feeling when we roll into a RV park with the Cambridge the stare is there. And before we get set down someone always walks up and ask who makes the Cambridge??? Then the next question how heavy is that 5er? When we had the Kodiak 4500 it also got a lot of stares and questions. I really think Keystone made a huge mistake in not keeping the Cambridge. We just haven't found anything under a $100,000 that we could replace it with. So we will probably not sell the Cambridge..... Life is good... GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:39 PM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Nice truck, Jim Jarvis (Jim and Kathy). I've seen several of the new Fords in rv parks already including one F450.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:45 PM   #26
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Nice truck, Jim Jarvis (Jim and Kathy). I've seen several of the new Fords in rv parks already including one F450.
The 450 is a real beast Steve. Love mine and yours looks good too. Been away for a few days, last I saw you were without your computer.Nice to see you back.
Jim

PS Speaking of being away, you should have seen the stares the Big Sky received this past weekend. Forgot how many tours we gave. Must say though the guys mostly wanted to look over the F350.
Jim Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote