Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Has anyone added to the tiolet room size 3000RK

I am thinking of adding inches to the tiolet room , as the stool if moved back 6" would add a lot to that room , it seames there is about 10" between the tiolet room wall and the tv space wall , has anyone opened up this area , there is probly a vent stack which can be moved but the big problem is in the floor there is a allumium joist 4" behind the tiolet but can i move it or brace it dif to take the load off of it ,sailer

sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
John. You probably could add a couple of braces and remove the one that is in your way, but it would be a whole lot of work. You would either have to remove a large section of flooring or drop the underbelly and probably the black tank to add bracing Actually, you would have to drop the underbelly anyway to reroute the toilet drain. I know you have the ability to do this after seeing the mods you have done to your 3000, but this would be a big project. If you decide to change the toilet, take a lot of pictures so we can see what you are doing.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Don this brace is on the 2 level so i can see it from the clothes basket area,, the pipe i move would be only between the bottom frame and the bedroom floor area, seems like a piece of cake to me ,,, sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:05 PM   #4
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
John I too would like more space in the water closet. I usually swing the door all the way open and leave it that way. I use the bedroom door for the divider between the living area and the bedroom/bathroom. Even with leaving the door open I feel clostrophobic(sp).

I wouldn't mind doing away with the closet around the comode all together...but that leads to structural questions and more than I care to mess with.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote