Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Florida Region
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2008, 12:58 PM   #1
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Monthly get togethers in Florida??

Okay fellow MOCers, looks like there are several of us doing the winter in Florida and several have voiced an interest in getting together. January's get together will be at the Tampa RV Super show which is January 14 through January 18. In the past we have gotten together on Friday at this show which is January 16. This happens to be the third Friday of the month. So I would like to suggest we set the third Friday of each month as our FL Snowbird MOC get togethers. If we use the same dates each month, folks can plan ahead and keep that day open each month.

I would like some feedback on this and also would like to know what month you would like to start these get togethers? I know there are many of us here already.

The third Friday in November would be Nov, 21; December 19; January 16,Tampa RV SuperShow(; February 20; March 20; April 17. I think most everyone will be heading back north in April or May. So we need to decide when our first and last get together will be.

We were having lunch today at Perkins (I-4 at Haines City Exit) and I spoke with the manager there. This is conveniently located and about half way between Orlando and Tampa. They hae a private room we can have for no charge for lunch ordered from their menu and an extended (meeting) visit afterwards. We could not use this location in Feb, March or April, but it would be available for Nov, Dec, or January. So this too I would need feedback on as far as when and how many would be interested in attending at this location. The manager was very nice and food was good with a varied menu. He did say we needed to let him know ASAP. So folks jump in here and help me out if we are going to get these get togethers off the ground, some planning must be done!

Will be awaiting your replies.

Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
This being our first winter in Florida, we think you got something going there. It would be fun to get together once a month. We are not going to be there til Jan., but that gives you time to set this up by starting now!
Hope you can find a place we can meet in Feb and March too!

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Joyce, We hit Pensacola today, I know a little far from Orlando area. We are planning on being at Clermont 1000 Trails from Jan 6th to 27th, then Peace River 1000 trails from 27th Jan to 17 Feb, then Moore Haven for a week then back to Peace River from 2/24 to 3/17, then Clermont 1000 Trails from 3/17 to 4/7.... We would like to get together as much as possible during these times.......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
We hit Bushnell, Florida on 1/3 and will be there thru 3/27 -- so we will meet you folks, January at the Tampa RV Show, February & March wherever is decided.

The 3rd Friday of each month sounds good

Ray & Phyllis Shaw
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:07 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Joyce, Lorraine and I would of course be interested.

You do realize that Nov 28th is Black Friday and the Black Friday shopping fanatics maybe out in droves and crowding most eating establishments.

I should also note that Lorraine will be going back to H&R Block in January. Fridays are some of her busiest days and she may not be able to get off work.

(Edited date)
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:42 AM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I agree that Friday's would not be the best day for us. We have to travel about 80-90 miles to that area and puts us in the heavy week-end travel on the trip home. I personally would like to see it happening on a Tues or Wed. starting in November Thur March but we will go along with the majority.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:08 AM   #7
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
From the two responses above...it looks like Fridays are not the day we should plan our monthly happenings. Helen pointed out a very good point, sometimes the weekend traffic can get pretty heavy in the Orlando area due to the attractions. So perhaps we should change it to the third Wednesday of each month beginning November 19th and continuing on December 17th, January 21, February 18th, March 18th, and April 15th for our final get together. I am waiting to see if the Perkins location is satisfactory before I call the manager to reserve the room for November 19th. So Glenn can I count you & Loraine for Nov. 19? and Helen, how about you and Bill? When I get notes from those interested I will post a list and information under Florida November Monthly Activity.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #8
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
God willing, we'll be there Joyce. Just tell us a time. We look forward to seeing you again.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:49 PM   #9
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
exav8tr - the I-4 Haines City exit is about 12 miles from 1000 Trails in Clermont, so it looks like you will be really close. Glenn, black Friday is 11/28 with Thanksgiving on 11/27. Wednesdays would be great for Dave and I. We are really looking forward to meeting everyone.
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:33 AM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Joyce, at this time the 19th will work for us.

Joanie, Thanks. Not sure how I arrived at the 21st.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:05 AM   #11
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
We probably won't be able to make it in jan and feb as were going to be in Dade City working with habitat for humanity during those times. But we will be in the area for the March get together. We know where the Perkins is. Keep us posted on the dates and times.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:01 AM   #12
JimnJulie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5590
We think it is a great idea The location is convenient for us and it seems many of us MOC'ers in Florida. We vote yes and would try to make all dates listed. Of course there could be a change, i.e. work schedule, but generally we should be able to make it. I do agree that the Friday after Thanksgiving, black Friday, could be a tough one. Many like to hit the big sales that day. Count us in.
JimnJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #13
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Okay looks like our first get together will be Nov. 19th. I tried to call the manager at Perkins today but it was his day off, so I have to call back tomorrow. As soon as I firm us the reservation for the room I will post a new topic, with details and directions under Florida November Activity. So mark your calenders and keep the 19th of November open for now.
Look for the new topic to sign up as soon as I can make final arrangements, sometime tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:23 PM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are here and just right down the road at I4 Exit 58. We will be there..
What time and what exit is that off I-4.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I knew were it was but thought others may not have. Our Florida Ford Dealer is at that exit..Jarret/Gorden Ford. We have had bkfst at Perkins. I am a sucker for Belgium waffles. We are at exit 58. That is exit 55.. See you guys there..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #16
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
Send a message via Yahoo to ChuckD
we will be vacationing in Florida March 19th thru April 2 would love to meet some of you folks Even if we can attend these get togeathers we would still like to meet Chuck
ChuckD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #17
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
mail2us please change us to residents ,, we will try to make the 19th but who knows as i have to see how far that is from us ...sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #18
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I have been off the internet for the past week and just read this. Rich had informed me of it, though. Cheryl and I will also be there as it is about 3 miles from us and we have also eaten there on previous occasions. Also there is a brand new mall right across the road from there now...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:11 AM   #19
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Hey Dennis,

Nice work! Just a minor correction its Robin and Doug Hermann. We live in Oviedo in the stick house, but "Bella" (2955RL) is based on our property in Umatilla which i near Leesburg, Eustis and Mount Dora, Florida. I see a few MOCers will be in that area so maybe we can set something up for some time after the new year in that area...Silver Springs and Clermont aren't too far away either.

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #20
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
That's a great directory, Dennis. We need to change our summer address to Bellaire, MI now though, as we just bought a house there the end of Aug. Central Lake had been our summer address up til then.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote