Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2003, 04:13 PM   #1
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Audio and Video Equipment

I'm sure many of you will agree the stereo stinks. It is only five watts per channel and that is barely enough to power the speakers that come with the stereo let alone the two in the bedroom. Someone mentioned having a selector switch so you could choose which speakers to use. That would have been great.

Our solution to this problem was to remove the speakers in the living room and leave the bedroom ones attached. Amazingly it improved the sound on the bedroom speakers tremendously. Finally they were provided with the power they needed. In the spaces where the speakers were I put in silk plants. They look really nice. Now we can have music in the bedroom if we want to and if we are in two different rooms we can play different music, just like we can watch different television stations.

Then we added a home theater system to the living room. That gave us the DVD along with a CD player and includes a receiver. Because of the design of our 3295RK we were unable to get true surround sound. All of the five speakers are mounted on the kitchen slide out which holds the entertainment center and fireplace. We have the sub woofer on the floor in front of the center peninsula of the kitchen. We hide the wire to it with a throw rug.

The installation was a bit hard but we managed to do it. One problem was the Television. It was super hard to get out of the cavity in the entertainment center and when we did manage to remove it didn't have a RCA inlet in the back. We had to really fight with the Television to get back in place and then feed the RCA wire to the front of the television to hook up the DVD player. That doesn't look very good at all. I couldn't convince RC to buy a new television.

We don't spend a lot of time inside the camper, or rather we didn't in the past with our pop up. There was nothing posh or homelike about it at all. Now that we are RV-ing and we will be out in much colder or inclement weather I know we'll spend more time inside.

When I get the film in the camera developed I will get an on-line picture album going and post pics of the improvements.

Take care all,
Samantha

Big Sky 3295RK
Chevy 2500HD
Prodigy
Linex
Pullrite 16K Superglide

Edited by - Samantha & RC on 01/20/2003 11:14:03 PM

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote