Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #1
FL_3661RL

M.O.C. #19728
Blue and Red Water Lines

I hope this makes sense.

We have a 2016 3661RL. We sanitized the holding tank to get ready to head out. I went to drain the tank thinking it was the blue and red lines where we connect city water, antennas, black and grey tank pulls are located. Well, I opened up the valves on the two lines and a little water came out. Not 60 gallons of water. Well after some crawling underneath I found the main drain hose and drained the tank. Now the real question.

What are the blue and red lines inside the water connection area for?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

FL_3661RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:51 PM   #2
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
Those are your low point drains. They are generally used for winterizing your water system. Suspossably you can empty all the water in your lines through them, however they will not empty your fresh water tank.
Theunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:52 PM   #3
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
They are the low point water drains for inside water lines. when you open those you need to open all the faucets & the washer water lines. it does not drain the hot water heater. and it does not get 100% of the water out on the 5er. You can blow air through
the city water hook up and get 99% of the water out!

Bob & Carol
Washington St
2017 352RL 2008 Dodge 3500 DRW CC LB 4x4
Happy Trails
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:06 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
On most Montana's the drain for the fresh water tank is under the rig near the fill vent toward or in the rear. A hose will be sticking out the bottom with a screw off cap on the end of it. Take the cap off and sixty gallons will drain very slowly out on the ground.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:07 PM   #5
FL_3661RL

M.O.C. #19728
Thanks...Appreciate the help. See you on the road.

Darin & Sue
FL_3661RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:27 PM   #6
Jon Susn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20311
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_3661RL View Post
I hope this makes sense.

We have a 2016 3661RL. We sanitized the holding tank to get ready to head out. I went to drain the tank thinking it was the blue and red lines where we connect city water, antennas, black and grey tank pulls are located. Well, I opened up the valves on the two lines and a little water came out. Not 60 gallons of water. Well after some crawling underneath I found the main drain hose and drained the tank. Now the real question.

What are the blue and red lines inside the water connection area for?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks
Hello,
We have a 2017 Montana 3661 RL. If you open the blue and red hoses in the courtesy center (water connection area) you can drain the cold water and hot water lines. Open both the cold and hot water faucets in all the sinks to include the outside shower area. This will allow you to clear all the water in both hot and cold lines. If you open the pressure safety valve on your water heater it will also drain the water in your water heater tank through the red line except for a small amount that will stay in the bottom of the water heater tank. Make sure the water in the water heater tank is not hot when you open the pressure relief valve.
Hope this helps
Happy Camping
JON and SUSN
2014 FORD 250 SUPERDUTY 6.7L 4X4 PLATINUM
Jon Susn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:21 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Red..hot.....Blue cold.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote