Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2019, 09:32 PM   #21
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
We bought 2 swivel rocker recliners from RecPro that are vinyl and very comfortable. Both chairs with free shipping were $693.45. Come in 3 or 4 , different colors and ship with the back separate. Easier to load in the trailer. They are very comfortable, but really made for a smaller person. The back doesn't come up as far as my recliner at home. I'm 5'6" and it fits me OK. If you are over 6' might not be the best choice.

bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:58 AM   #22
drsnook
Established Member

M.O.C. #22992
our theater seat was broken when we got our new 2019 3120. I didn't realize it at first, but when I sat in the other side I then knew some thing was wrong. The dealership initially told us they had discontinued the model we had and that the replacement would look different.

We began looking for recliners to replace the theater seat, and we found this outfit...lambright. They make some nice ones, though not cheap.

Eventually after putting up a stink, they "found" the correct replacement.

Keystone did offer to give us $500 towards the purchase of what ever we wanted to replace the damaged theater seat, but that wouldn't even buy 1 recliner.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:07 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Fortunately we were well aware of the "bonded leather??? furniture in RV's and did not order the 13 3402 with that stuff and had it replaced with cloth.We have friends in Florida that had the Bonded stuff reupholstered and it was expensive but less expensive than the purchase of new stuff. The cloth stuff which is Keystone OEM is doing just fine.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:08 AM   #24
Blackshadow
Established Member

M.O.C. #14521
Send a message via AIM to Blackshadow Send a message via MSN to Blackshadow Send a message via Yahoo to Blackshadow
Have 2014, FL with cloth seating. Cleans beautifully, even after dog/since died, still looks like new and we use it abt 6 months per year. DW hates the dark leather look, thinks its bulky and depressing. Plus, the seating is always to large for her. Last SOB, pulled out old furniture, purchased Reg sofa off the floor, on sale, they helped load and position it. We ended up selling SOB for more than unit purchase price...."because we love the real furniture!" Just our preference.
Blackshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:28 PM   #25
mleeder
Established Member

M.O.C. #20360
Bonded leather requires maintenance just like any leather. Needs to be cleaned and conditioned or it will dry out and crack & peel.
mleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:48 PM   #26
Docweems
Established Member

M.O.C. #12222
Cool Furniture is Cr..

We had the same issue with our 2012 3402RL. The recliners started breaking down and the "leather" started to peal like the picture you posted. CW/Keystone was not willing to do anything about it and we replaced the reciliners with swivel chairs and footstools. They are comfortable and we purchased them from amazon. Our original couch/queen bed is still in good shape, but I just noticed a small section where the "leather" is beginning to peel as well.
We will probably begin to look at replacement options.

Doc
Docweems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:37 PM   #27
Mike_Garcia
Established Member

M.O.C. #13381
Send a message via MSN to Mike_Garcia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
It is obvious I have to get new furniture. What have the rest of you done? Is it worthwhile to reupholster or should I just buy new? If new - where did you go? The camping mags are so expensive. I get Lazy Boy for the chair but what about the sofa?

BTW - we did not select the furniture, it is what came with the camper. But I have had other campers for years and never had this issue. I am very disappointed.
We just replaced our old stuff with a very nice theater style recliners center console type and a queen size hid-a-bed. Complete with decorative pillows, (we selected the fabric) took about two weeks to order and get. Made by Stantons Furniture in Tualatin, OR., but it is not available everywhere. Also the hid-a-bed has a real, though fairly thin, memory foam mattress, an upgrade, but at least not a crappy air mattress that came with our 2013 3582RL. Order it through Richardson's Furniture in St. Helens, OR. Allow about 4 weeks and have a nice road trip!
Old 07-19-2019, 05:48 PM   #28
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We don't like the chairs and dinning table arangment in our new rig so we'll be looking at the furniture folks in Elkhart when we're at the Rally. We'd really like to get rid of what we have and have a booth custom built.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote