Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2014, 05:26 AM   #1
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
2013+ 4 Panel Closet Doors

Montana changed the closet doors in 2013. they put 4 panel closet doors in the new montanas. With this change they have created a big problem with the plastic clips holding the 4 panels break!

we are gong on our 5th repair on our closet doors, the last time we only went 15 miles and they broke---AFTER THEY WERE JUST REPAIRED AT CAMPING WORLD.

Anyway, I thought these NON plastic clips might be the answer...http://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-20.../dp/B0031OX4P0

we'll see.

mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:26 AM   #2
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Thanks Eddie, that metal clip is what our RV dealer installed when our left side middle door feel off during the initial walk-through. The walk-through employee was an experienced RVer and said he would make sure it was fixed correctly. Since then we have had no issues with that left side middle door. We assumed that both sides were fixed, but we later found out that was not the case. We had the other middle door jump out during traveling, so that plastic clip is now twist tied and Gorilla duct taped. Nothing like twist ties and duct tape to make up for lower quality parts. We need to order the replacement part you have posted.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #3
jimc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #380
I don't think the problem is only the plastic clips. I have had our doors "fixed" twice at the dealer - broke within 15 mikles. So I just open the doors and block them with the throw pillows and the laundry basket.
jimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
I know there has been other discussions on these types of closet doors. The carpenters at our dealer (Lazy Days - Tampa) repaired one side of ours prior to final delivery. Later, I removed and re-did what they did and used screws/adhesive instead of a air nailer. Still worried so I installed 3 small closed hooks on the inside/left and inside/right of the closet. Found just the correct size bungees to hook on the closed hooks and strap onto the doors in the open position. With three on each side they do not move at all. The plastic coated bungee hook ends blend in with the doors and you can't hardly see them when in use. If you want to remove them....just unhook and let dangle down inside the closet (hidden from view) until ready to get on the road again. The entire modification took 5 minutes and cost about $10.00. About 3,000 miles later and a bunch of bumpy roads they have not moved or been damaged. Of course the clothes rod fell down.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:00 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
How in the world does that kind of stuff get out of the factory. How do they design these thing.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote