Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2011, 03:08 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Speaking of installing windows...

The newer members of MOC haven't seen the bathroom window I installed, so here it is:
(Oh, and the trailer hasn't fallen apart because I cut into the wall...)

Slideshow:
http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/JimsSue13/Ozzsmods101/Bathroom%20window%20install%20axe/?action=view&current=f1481934.pbw

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:34 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
And no signs of "frame-flex" in the bathroom floor either??
Hee Hee!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:56 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ha! no... I have noticed that on occasion there is a foul odor in there
Old 09-09-2011, 04:27 AM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Ha! no... I have noticed that on occasion there is a foul odor in there
TMI TMI TMI!!!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:44 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Phil,
I am pretty sure Ozz was merely referring to the strength of the odor that is emanating from the sealant that he used on the windows. Ya think??
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:29 AM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Okay, so how did you know you were not cutting into framing (stud finder)? and how were you able to tell where to put the template on the exterior? Are you messing with me and I'm reading too much into this? And would a stud finder work with you, since if you were holding it, would beep like crazy all the time.... you stud, you.

It looks great but sometimes my curiosity gets the best of me. I could care less either way, and I have a feeling DW wouldn't want a window there, but ya never know.

That was before I saw this slideshow! First, I would have to get over the thought of cutting into the trailer's side. Even after multiple measurements, I'd probably still mess it up.

Very nice presentation, Ozz! Or should we start spelling your name "Ahhhs", as in "oohhhs and ahhhhs".
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:58 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Okay, so how did you know you were not cutting into framing (stud finder)? and how were you able to tell where to put the template on the exterior? Are you messing with me and I'm reading too much into this? And would a stud finder work with you, since if you were holding it, would beep like crazy all the time.... you stud, you.
Hey! That's my line!
OK, early morning dew shows all the frame outlines.. Cool, eh?
It looks great but sometimes my curiosity gets the best of me. I could care less either way, and I have a feeling DW wouldn't want a window there, but ya never know.
I just told Sue I was putting a window there, she asked are you sure? I just said yep.

That was before I saw this slideshow! First, I would have to get over the thought of cutting into the trailer's side. Even after multiple measurements, I'd probably still mess it up.

I made multiple measurements...then did it again, then made the template

Very nice presentation, Ozz! Or should we start spelling your name "Ahhhs", as in "oohhhs and ahhhhs".
Thank you
Old 09-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #8
fauch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11342
OK-WELL it still skeers me! You have that adventurous combo of creativity and cojones. ..so when you cut vertically down both sides through the bottom frame member, then horizontally across,... under and parallel to the bottom frame member;
you will also cut through a little cripple stud :-(
I see your point about the short wall, but I would still be skairt.
fauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:38 PM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Everything will be fine, and if my wall falls off, you can tell me you told me so
Ha! if my trailer falls apart, it will be because of the other 100 things I have done to it first.
I don't see any problem with the window, this isn't house construction, these bonded walls are really stout.
I think you double-posted
Old 09-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #10
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Great presentation!! Wish I had your skills and you had my bills. On the other hand didn't someone tell me uncle Sam tought you how to repair the screen doors on submarines? Anyone who can do that can surely put a window in a Montana.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:13 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

Great presentation!! Wish I had your skills and you had my bills. On the other hand didn't someone tell me uncle Sam tought you how to repair the screen doors on submarines? Anyone who can do that can surely put a window in a Montana.

Ha! Dick, I started up 3 of my own HVAC, refrigeration and electrical repair businesses, I know about bills. I had many customers like your business, Baskin Robbins, Sub shops, bars and restaurants.
It takes a special type of person to figure out how to make payroll and get the vendors paid. Hat's off to you.
Yep, did tons of work on Submarines. I also spent 7 years buying and rehabbing homes and commercial buildings, I would buy them, rehab them and sell them, probably 35 or so in that time. I built my own home, traded equipment for the lots, got a construction loan on the lots, then I built my home, and got the end loan.
I think the window will be fine.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:34 AM   #12
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Whats this? People doubting the Ozz mods? Why, I just can't believe it. Never be feared the Ozz man is here..........lol

Just had to do it Ozz!!

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:04 AM   #13
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Dave, some have caught on that I am a loose cannon... Shhhh, trying to keep that a secret.