Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Sad day for Delaine and Lindy....

Well we have just sold the Cambridge and the 2007 Chevy 3500. Be careful when you say you will sell something. There are people out there who have done their home work. We gave a price and they took it and left money. Will deliver Cambridge and 2007 Chevy 3500 Tuesday... We want to get another 5th wheel but not at this time... However I have to have a Truck..... Those that are driving the 2008 Chevy 3500 with DRW let me know what you think about the new exhaust emissions. I really wanted to wait until the 2009's hit the road but I Love my Truck.... I also have a new for the dually to pull our inclosed 32' trailer. Thanks GBY...

Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I would suggest that you do some really serious homework on the new Emissions standards and how the new ULSD fuel and the regeneration process will effect the performance and efficiency of the new truck. Just so there will not be any surprises.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
richfaa, your right about the emission. Thats the very reason we got a 2007 Chevy Classic in May of this year. We really didn't want to sell the Truck just the 5th wheel. I shot him a number and he said yes. So I'm a man of my word so I need a new Truck. Wasn't able to find a 2007 Classic. But I did locate a 2008 with the exact options we wanted. And the price is good... Called my Chevy dealer and told him were it was and he will let me know if its still avail..... Life is Good... GBY...
Old 11-15-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Well, now that that is behind you, you can focus on your next great adventure and plan for a positive future. The past is gone the future becons. Pursue it.

Have fun looking for those new wheels.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #5
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
On the new style GM:
1. can't beat the new 6 speed
2. love the T/H mode (going down 8% grades no problem)
3. MPG is ok but could be better if we didn't have this pollution stuff 13-15 city 18 hwy getting better though 4800 miles now.
4. short drives will kill these new diesels, they need to run otherwise leave them parked or pay for the maintainence.

I also like to drive a big truck. The old Ford has no problems in the city just not as efficient. The Chevy is a beauty but the city driving will have its effects. so keep the truck for the long hauls and not the daily driver.
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:59 PM   #6
Dave Nowlin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7253
As long as you have sold both the fiver and the truck and are starting over get a Ford this time and tell em Toby sent ya.
Dave Nowlin
Dave Nowlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:11 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I am not knocking the new diesels..This 6.4L is a brute.There are so many folks complaining about the change in performance and they must have been living on Mars not to have known about the effects of the new emmissions. We were full aware of the probable decrease in MPG (we saw that in our school bus fleet) and the effects of regeneration. My post refelect my experiences and IMO verify that the effects are real. It is still good to have a new truck and the next round of EPA regulations will be worse.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:57 AM   #8
Dave Nowlin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7253
Rich, that's the really interesting part. On the one hand the government wants us to improve our fuel economy and on the other they mandate a system which decreases it. Want to mess something up, put the government in charge of it.
Dave Nowlin
Old 11-16-2007, 10:16 AM   #9
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Any time the Goverment is involved there will be problems. But I will say this there are many people are already working to by pass the DPF system. And many have already taken them off. Everyone should watch how their people in a elected office vote an vote them out, stop sending the same person to Congress each time. I will not vote for anyone who votes against drilling for our oil. I could care less about the frozen tundra. Its a joke.... GBY.....

Dave I just can't make myself buy a Ford. I have told them Big & Rich sent me.. This will be the 5th Duramax/Allison we have owned in the last 3 years.. The Combo has stood the test....
Old 11-16-2007, 11:02 AM   #10
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
A little off-topic, but have you noticed that whenever something goes wrong, like the unfortunate oil spill in SF Bay, that the flocking politicians seem to try to out do one another in lambasting another government agency? It seems like an all new American Idol contest. We should call it: "America's Most Outraged (So I can look important and misdirect attention)".

Seriously, Lindy, sorry that you had to sell the Cambridge. I learned alot from your experiences and look forward to the day that you get a new rig.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Balance has got to be found.. I was born in North Side Pittsburgh. I remember when the sun never got through the smog. I remember black snow.When we moved to Ohio in 1961 Lake Erie was a dead lake Sewage and dead fish lined the beaches. The Cuyahoga river would catch fire.The emmissions from the Ford Plant ate the paint off cars. The EPA is not all bad. If they went away we would in a short time return to those conditions. There has got to be a proper balance.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #12
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Yes Rich balance is fine. Our economy is not fine, thus open the restrictions a little and lets get things moving. When the economy is better then return or start the restrictions again. Everything in this is going to be a lengthy procedure. It just can not turn off and resume at the same place to the restrictions of 2010 if they were not creeping there. But it won't matter if there is no economy. Bankrupt is Bankrupt Washington has to start seeing the real America. They all need real jobs for a time during their tenure. They go to Washington and do many things for themselves and little for the country. Time for a major shake up.
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #13
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
With 3400 miles on our new body style (NBS) Chev Duramax 3/4, it performs excellent towing the Montana.

Regen is not a major detractor in its performance and city driving is not alot. I get 15 to 15.4 mpg towing the 3400RL and we bought the NBS truck a few months before the 2008's.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
"I get 15 to 15.4 mpg towing the 3400RL " SAY WHAT?????
Old 11-16-2007, 07:11 PM   #15
Dave Nowlin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7253
Is he talking about lie-o-meter mileage or hand calculated? The other question is are your trips downhill both ways?
Dave Nowlin
Old 11-17-2007, 02:23 AM   #16
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
Everytime a govermental agency or the congress look at ways to improve CAFE standards or improve emmission standards it seems that the Big Three hirer 10 attorney lobbiest while the Japanese hirer 5 engineers. Explains a lot.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:03 PM   #17
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Lindy,

Sorry to hear you have sold the Cambridge and truck. Go get one of those new 08 3500HD DRW Duramax Silverado's! I have been looking at one for the past week now, has been real hard to not pull the trigger...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:44 PM   #18
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Dave you must have ESP, we are in Alabama at the hotel and have the new 2008 Silverado LTZ, 3500 we have all options except the DVD and Nav system. Its totally Awesome, Delaine and me are very excited. Just like two kids at Christmas. I think the General hit a home run with the new body style. We hadn't seen the new body style until today up close. Its very well done. We are very sad to have sold the Cambridge, it will be very hard to replace. We just couldn't justfy paying payments and not using the Cambridge. But family is first. Will get another 5er later. GBY...
Old 11-20-2007, 04:07 PM   #19
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Lindy,

Keep me updated on how that new truck treats you. I will probably hold off until 2010 to pick up that new dually. My current truck is getting real close to 90,000 miles and continues to run better and better. Fuel economy has done nothing but increase since moving to Iowa. What color is your new truck?
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:30 AM   #20
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Hi Dave, we had planed on waiting for the 2009's but didn't know we would sell both the Cambridge and the 2007 Chevy Classic. We had decided to keep the 5er and had no plans to sell the Truck for sure. Delaine hadn't taken the for sale off the Web site and these nice people had been searching for a 5th wheel and Truck the rest is history...

The color is Silverbirch ( 6th Silverbirch, 03,two 05s, 06,07,08) I just like the Color. We are leaving the Hotel now and will get on the road

GBY.....