Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #1
montanaone
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1
Who owns MOC

My Administrative Staff has informed me that there have been some questions regarding the ownership of this forum and who pays for it. I am the sole owner of the Montana Owners Club forum. The club has been in existence nearly five years and will be celebrating that milestone anniversary on November 4, 2007.

Since the forum's inception, and, prior to the addition of the PayPal donation button, I have paid the entire cost of running it. The addition of the button three years ago has helped defer the cost, although to date, only 33 members have donated to the forum via PayPal. With over 7000 members who have registered to date, and considering how many members have used and benefited from the MOC, that is a disappointing percentage (less than 1/2 of 1%).

I want to acknowledge that some of the Regional Rallies have donated leftover funds from their Rally fees to the Montana Owners Club and I want to take this opportunity to extend my sincere appreciation of that support. Additionally, the Fall Rally in Goshen has had members donate to the MOC. I sincerely appreciate that support as well. There have been additional funds generated by the dedication and hard work of Doug Henry with MOC Wear. Thank you, Doug!

No member of the Montana Owners Club has ever been charged a fee to join, participate or glean all of the valuable information shared on these forums. This Forum was created so that fellow Montana Owners could find one another, learn from one another, and build fun and rewarding relationships. There has never been any other motive behind the Montana Owners Club. For those members who think this is a lucrative endeavor and that I am "making a bundle," I invite you to walk in my shoes and pay the bills yourself.

Keystone RV does not own this forum, nor does it dictate what does or does not go on with it. The Montana Owners Club and Keystone share a relationship of mutual respect and friendliness. They appreciate us and we appreciate them

montanaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
...and I for one (actually two), sincerely thank you for making this Forum happen. We have met people, attended events, made modifications, learned a lot, and been generally entertained by this Forum from very near its inception. I always knew that "someone" must footing the bill, because there is no way I can see how it could be construed as a money-making venture.

We have made small contributions, and volunteered our services on occasion, but I have no idea of the order of magnitude of the cost or what factors contribute to it. Could you provide some guidance as to what a "fair share" contribution might be, and how the way we use the Forum contributes to its cost? I would hate it to become a victim of its own success.

Once again, we thank YOU, and all the volunteer mods and admins who help keep the show on the road.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
rvghostdriver
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4518
This is a good forum I would help if I knew how much is a good amount. Thank you.
rvghostdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I for one sure think that if everyone gave $20 -$25 a year or so the Administrator wcould put it to use for the benefit of all the Moc'ers. If you don't want to use pay pal, just send it to Doug. His address is listed at the MOC Merchandise info. He knows where it should go.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
We donate $25.00 a year to MOC using Pay Pal. We give some at the Rallies too and if the budget permits this year will be no different.

We have our own web site for our network marketing business and I know how much just that cost. I can only imagine what the cost of keeping this all going is.

I love MOC and was the first nut on the tree here. We have made many friends here , enjoyed great times , great rallies and I have spent so much time on this forum I don't even want to think about it. I may not post much but I read here a lot. It's great entertainment and I love it. (I wish my cable television bill were so cheap.) We have learned a whole bunch about Montanas and RV-ing. Before we got the Montana we had a pop up, it was a big step up and without this forum I think we'd have flunked out to be sure.

To say we're grateful for MOC would be an understatement. We would like to thank the MOC Administrator, the Admins, the Moderators and the members for making this the wonderful place it is.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:24 PM   #6
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Fellow MOCers:
Through the expertise and experience that I have tapped into by using this forum, I know that I have saved money, time and have gained a tremendous amount of general as well as specific knowledge. I do plan on purchasing a couple of jackets from Doug in the next month or so, but at the same time I feel a yearly suggested donation amount would be apropriate knowledge for many of us. I thoroughly enjoy my time on this forum with as DW calls them "my buddies". I monitor it daily (even at work - SHHHHHHHH) when I have access and do enjoy posting (although at times I have a tendency to wander to the inane side). I can't wait to meet some actual MOCers which is why I am eagerly awaiting the Virginia Rally next year. I work full-time and attend Bible College two nights a week, camp every chance I can, and enjoy all the time I spend with my family in the Montana. A heartfelt THANK YOU goes out to the forum originator and all the posters. If the $25 annual donation is an informal or formal agreed upon DONATION, it will be my pleasure to support this valuable resource. Sorry for the lengthy diatribe, but at least now everyone knows how I feel. Blessings to ALL!!!!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:50 PM   #7
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I am glad that you have came forward in a sense to explain what is going on.. I truly believe that this forum is probably one of the best on the Web. I know, I have gained a wealth of knowledge, had a lot of "fun" and have met other members that are now ""friends for life"".
I sincerely appreciate all your efforts to maintain this forum and allow us to continue this fantastic voyage. There was a MAJORITY of members that I have spoken to that would have bet there last DOLLAR that KEYSTONE OWNED OR CONTROLED this great forum.
Now, I feel very comfortable that is not the case, and I am very sorry for not donating up to this point. That will change, God Bless for doing such a great job!!!!!!! Really looking forward to having a cup of coffee with you in BRANSON MAY 2008. OH YOU CAN WEAR YOUR MASK, and no one will look...... ho ho ho Safe Travels John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:59 PM   #8
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
thanks for a wonderful forum. We found this web site address on a Montana brochure before we bought our Montana and learned some valuable information before purchasing. We continue to learn as we read things here on the forum. We have made wonderful friends at the rallies and continue to maintain contact with them. We are grateful to Admin and the moderators who keep this a wholesome place to be. We want to see this as a place where everyone can feel free to express an opinion without fear of being attacked. We love how people feel free to admit their mistakes and we can all learn from them. One thing it is never boring!!! Thanks to everyone for participating, because if you didn't, there wouldn't be a forum.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:55 AM   #9
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
I would contribute an annual fee for the use of this forum. I donated at the Fall Rally last year, however if we don't attend this year then we haven't contributed
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:13 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I want to thank you for the Forum, as I have met some lifetime friends here. That is invaluable to me.
You have set it up to be a clean, non confrontational place, tough to do, as people can be a little stubborn and bull headed at times, nature of the beast, I guess. We appreciate all the work everyone does to keep it going.
Thanks again.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:16 AM   #11
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
We appreciate all you have done with this forum. It is the best thing for us and we have found it so valuable for information as well as a place to meet really nice people. We also would be happy to donate a yearly amount. We certainly get our money's worth! You do a great job also in keeping this forum within the guidelines set up!!

I would suggest that perhaps the first week of November every year, something could be posted reminding people that donations would be appreciated. Sort of a Fund Drive of sorts!!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:40 AM   #12
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
MOC-1, this forum has been invaluable to my wife and I and it has saved us an enormous amount of $$$ and ### (pain & suffering). I will begin to hit the donate button from time to time - don't think it has to be just an annual thing - $5 or $10 here and there.

Hope you didn't feel it was necessary to explain yourself out of frustration... I'm sure you will have to re-state this again down the road a year or so in the future - new members and memory loss. However it probably is a necessary thing. I have no doubt that this thread will generated much appreciated surge of cash flow to help defray expenses.

Thanks again for a great job.

*On Edit~ I also have to add that this forum has generated a number of close friends in our life. There is no price one can put on that...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:02 AM   #13
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Well, I was gonna step up to the plate and take the blame like a man, as I was the one who said I was skeptical of an individual owning this forum. But it looks to me like it turned into a rather good thing. I know personally it would be hard for me to join a forum, click on a donation button, and donate, not knowing who I was donating too. I saw someone mention Doug; now just who would this be?

I have learned tremendously from the experiences of others on this forum. Thanks for the opportunity by creating such a community. I will do my best to support as I can.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:20 AM   #14
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
Will

Doug Henry is user Dhenry. Clothing with MOC logo was his idea. He orders the clothes, takes orders and ships and collects the money and he sends the profit to MOC. He does all this voluntarily. All he has done is very appreciated and helpful.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:49 AM   #15
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Will, the only reason I mentioned Doug is because he is the only one that I know of that has his address listed on the MOC Merchandise topic and for those that don't like to use pay pal (I know a lot of us don't) it is just another way of sending your check or money order and being assured that it will get to the right person. I suppose I should have asked Doug first if it was OK to use his name and address but Doug being the good guy that he is, I knew he wouldn't mind.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:11 AM   #16
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
I am happy to see this thread appear. It was a good reminder to me to send another donation. Having just done that, I appreciate the fact that this forum is completely privately owned and funded. By not relying on funding from any vendor or sponsor other than ourselves, we are not "beholden" to anyone.

THANKS and KUDOS again!
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:59 AM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I do not care to use pay pal very much but we do contribute at the fall rally. MOC-1 whoever that may be and his or her staff of administrators, who ever they may be.. do a outstanding job and we hope they will be able to continue to do so. I belong to a few other forums and this is by far the best administered one..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:52 AM   #18
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
MOCAdmin,
This truly is a "one of a kind" forum! Thank you so much for keeping it going. We appreciate you more than you could know. Mel and I have been among those, who have taken you for granted in the past but will do so no more. I like dsprik's idea of donating often, and will be using that method to help out. Thanks again,

MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:25 PM   #19
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
To the MOC Owner, Administrator, Admins, and Moderators THANK YOU for all your time put forth and the financial support of this Forum! We are so used to signing in and gaining valuable information that we sometimes take it for granted. Post like this let us express our gratitude; and, refreshes our memory that there is a lot of work that goes on behind the scene. THANK YOU!
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:57 PM   #20
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
MOC Owner, Thanks for having created this great concept, and all the helpers who keep it running so well. As a new Montana owner, and new MOC member thanks. We plan on making a contribution in the near future, helping support this great information source is the least we can do.

Our only regret is we did not know we could join before we became owners.

Thanks again
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote