Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #1
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Routes to Quartzsite

This was posted on the registration post. I thought it would be better viewing here and old timers who know the routes better than I could help.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by YOPPER

Coming from MI, any route or CG suggestions to get there. It is about 2100 miles for us
I am coming in from the south east so I will be traveling I10 most the way from Louisiana.

Other input please.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:15 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Yopper,

Go south in a straight line from where you are, as much as possible, IF you are leaving after the holidays.

We have taken 69 south to 70. 70 west to Effingham Illinois area. Then, south via 55 and 57 south to 40. 40 west to 35, then south till ya hit Dallas/Fort Worth, then 20/10 west.

Benefit of this route is that there are no mountains to speak of, some hills, but, nothing serious.

You want to stay off of 40 west of Little Rock and 70 around Flagstaff, both are prone to bad weather, snow, wind.

Of course, the issue is finding campgrounds open at this time of the year, unless you are really tough and plan on boondocking on the way down. Always can consider doing motels till you get down around Memphis where you probably can safely take the pink out.

Have fun! Happy trails.
Closed Thread