Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2004, 01:53 AM   #1
Montana_1521

M.O.C. #1521
Keystone Quality

I am a current Keystone Sprinter owner (1999) and have been very, very disappointed in the quality and witht the problems I've had. Right now, all four corners are shot from leaking. I will be trading "up" into a better quality trailer and have narrowed the choice to Mountaineer, Jayco Eagle or Sandpiper...mostly based on availability from local dealers. My service guy seems to think any of the three are good quality trailers. I'm leaning towards the Mountaineer due to getting a better deal due to my Sprinter problems. But....after reading through the problems with Mountaineers last night, I'm a little disappointed. I can deal with (and fix myself) things like staples coming loose, etc....but at this point, really, really hate water leaking problems. Any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated....Thanks.

Montana_1521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:16 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Gvons, I don't think ours has any caulking where those drip railings meet. I get black streaks at that location. Clothespins eliminate the black streaks at each end but that doesn't work in the middle. I've been thinking next time I clean it up I'll climb up there and do some caulking to stop the drip.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:38 AM   #3
Montana_1520
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1520
We've really enjoyed reading the responses here. Those of you who say that we find more complaints than commendations are right. We don't take the time to write in and tell about the good things. If everything is going OK we don't make noise. But let something go wrong and we want to tell everybody and anybody that will listen. WE've been there! And several members have hit the problem nail square on the head. It is the dealer's service dept. that can eiher make you a happy camper or a disgruntled owner. We love our Big Sky and chose it over many others that we looked at--searched for over a year! But the few little problems we have encountered have been caused by the service dept. of our local dealer. And the dealer service manager will tell you (trying to justify)that their service people cannot be trained on every appliance of every brand they sell. They just do the best they can or totally replace the problem appliance. Service seems to be the heart of most of our member's issues. In our case the male fan (genuine handyman), his brother (equipment repair person), son-in-law (electrician)have wound up fixing most all of our repair needs...they do a better job than dealer service dept.
So bottom line--how do we address these issues with our dealers? What can we do as a group/club?
#29 fans
04 3670RL Big Sky
04 Chevy 3500 CC Dually 4WD Duramax/Allison
Montana_1520 is offline   Reply With Quote