Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Movers for Recliners?

I was just reading another thread and someone mentioned the following:

" One of the things we did was put mover slides on the recliners (which we learned from the Moc site) and it made moving the recliners so much easier when breaking down"

What are the movers? That is one of the worst things for Jim to do. He is not a happy camper while he is doing it, those chairs are heavy.

Thanks,
Marge

mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I could not find the previous discussion about it, but I am sure someone will and post a link to it (them?). The previous discussions show some pictures of different ways to do it.
Basically some installed teflon furniture slides to the bottom of the recliners. You can get them at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.
And some have simply used round plastic water heater drain pans with slight modifications. That works pretty well also. That is what I did.

Edit: I found one discussion here.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Thanks for the help. I looked at it and there are 9 pages. Will print it and have Jim decide what will work for him.

Thanks,
Marge

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BB_TX

I could not find the previous discussion about it, but I am sure someone will and post a link to it (them?). The previous discussions show some pictures of different ways to do it.
Basically some installed teflon furniture slides to the bottom of the recliners. You can get them at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.
And some have simply used round plastic water heater drain pans with slight modifications. That works pretty well also. That is what I did.

Edit: I found one discussion here.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
They move so much easier if you use the water pan and than glue the glides on the bottom of the water pan!
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:12 AM   #5
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
I see you have the 3400. We moved the couch over to the back window and moved the recliners over on the main slide out. That way I never have to move the recliners. I do have to slide the couch back about 3 inches to clear the slides but it moves easy. I take the cushions off the couch and stuff by the recliners to keep them from moving around. Then after a while we figured we only need one recliner so we took one out. Sure makes for a lot more run. Course it is only the two of us.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:05 AM   #6
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
jjackflash: Never thought of a water pan, will need to check that out too.

indy roadrunner: We are also thinking of swapping the couch and recliners too. Besides the recliner problem, we will be able to see out of the back window and maybe have a little more room for the dinette chairs. (not easy using the table and chairs)

Thanks again,
Marge
Old 03-22-2011, 02:31 AM   #7
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
We did as Phil did when we had the 3400. The sofa-bed fits at the rear window in the older 3400's with no problem and it does free up room to actually be able to sit at the dinette table. One thing to consider if you opt for this arrangement is the fact that there is a heat duct at the rear of the rig. We simply took a couple of sheets of tin-foil and blocked off the vent on the inside of the register cover before moving the sofa over the vent.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:43 AM   #8
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
We first moved our sofa to the back and recliners to the big slide in the 3400RL. That worked good as both recliners now had the good view of the tv. But now we decided we didn't even need the sofa, and wow did that ever open things up. Left sofa with son to see how it worked out as we went south for the winter and love the change and the room. Worked for us, oh and we took the air mattress off the couch and stored it in the trailer in case of company.

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:00 AM   #9
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mainer

jjackflash: Never thought of a water pan, will need to check that out too.

indy roadrunner: We are also thinking of swapping the couch and recliners too. Besides the recliner problem, we will be able to see out of the back window and maybe have a little more room for the dinette chairs. (not easy using the table and chairs)

Thanks again,
Marge
BTW Marge, I'm speaking of a Water Heater pan,you can get them at Home Depot or Lowes and the ring under the rocker fits perfectly in that pan!
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:15 AM   #10
Joe in Texas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10881
We cut and installed the water heater drain pan our last trip out .....
sure made it easy to move the recliners as needed.....
pans were only $10 each at Home Depot...
Joe in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:38 AM   #11
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Thanks to all for the help and info. This should make it easier for Jim.

Marge
Old 03-23-2011, 01:56 AM   #12
JimnJulie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5590
This Jim says thanks also
JimnJulie is offline   Reply With Quote