Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2007, 05:09 AM   #1
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Robertsdale, Alabama Camping World

This really, really new store is just 16 miles from our park in Gulf Shores and, here's a big surprise, we've already made our "pilgrimage" to the wonderful world of CW ... twice! Following our second visit, we decided to check out the new Montanas parked next door at Emerald Coast RV to see if there were any with the changes made since ours came off the line last August. Lo and behold, we discovered a 3485SA. We knew that Glenn and Lorraine were getting this model but we couldn't remember a lot about it, even though we had toured this model during the factory tour at the Rally last fall.

This is a really cool floorplan. I wish I could take the parts of the 3485 that I like and put them with what I love about the 3400 ... now THAT would be a really super-duper fifth-wheel (at least to me )

And Steve tells me that, once again, it looks like Keystone is listening ... he checked the sticker-thingy and tells me that in the newest Montanas, the GVWR and CCC appear to have been increased. He says that the GVWR in the 3485 is 15,340 and the carrying capacity is 3,622. (Glenn may have already mentioned this ...)

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:21 AM   #2
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Vickie, You and Steve are 155 miles from Marianna, Fl. where Margaret and I live. If you are coming this way give me a PM and I will send you the info.
Just148
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:59 AM   #3
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Vicki, where are you guys at? Haven't heard from your hubby since Dec 25th.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:30 AM   #4
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Vicki, How are you folks doing?

Just this morning, I walked thru that model here in Elkhart. When I came home and showed Gail pictures of it, she said that there was not enough kitchen counter top space for prepping meals. We both agreed that the rest of it was great. So, I guess this means we will be sticking with 3400RL type floor plan for now.
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:40 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vickir
And Steve tells me that, once again, it looks like Keystone is listening ... he checked the sticker-thingy and tells me that in the newest Montanas, the GVWR and CCC appear to have been increased. He says that the GVWR in the 3485 is 15,340 and the carrying capacity is 3,622. (Glenn may have already mentioned this ...)
Vicki, No I never mentioned it as it is constantly changing. Even on the Spec Sheet on the Montana web site it is totally different than what you have posted.
The weight is listed at 11,160 and the Carrying Capacity is 2680. By the time mine is delivered who knows what it will be. And besides these GVWR, CCC, GAWR, GCVW, GCWR, GTWR, NCC, UVWR, etc are just TMI to me.
You can find the meaning to all those abbreviations HERE!
I have had my current Monty 40 months and have yet to put it on a scale. I know what my 2500HD can handle and I have way to many other things in life to be concerned with than all those abbreviations and their meanings.
And besides as long as a huge number of MOC members are pulling basically the same load with the same TV as mine why should I worry. When I see all the 2500HD members bailing out of their 2500HDs for 3500s or even 4500s than maybe, just maybe, I'll become concerned. Until than I'll maintain my old buddy's catch phrase...
"What me worry?"

Alfred E. Neuman
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:49 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
What we'd like is the side aisle bathroom in a 3400RL floorplan and room for a w/d stack in the bathroom, too. We've seen this in other brands and that, to us, would be great.

Wendell, Vicki has already replied to you. If you see this, would you email me your phone number and I'll give you a call if we're coming your way, to find out if you'll be home and what rv park you recommend in the area. I forgot you folks winter in this area or we'd have planned to stop there in the first place.

MIMF, we're doing fine. Enjoying the not cold weather, despite having lots of rain. The beach is great. Monday we're going to hike out to Gator Lake, then out to a deserted area of beach recommended by OntMont. They arrived here last night and we had dinner with them. They leave Tuesday, headed for the RGV. So hook up that Challenger and come on down to Tybee Island! We'll be there this coming Monday and will be there for two months. Some very good friends are joining us there for the month of February.

Glenn, that looks like a nice rig. I doubt the 3485SA is any different in hauling capability than the other rigs. I think the numbers are just more realistic. I noticed the difference only in the newest models, the ones with the darker linoleum and lighter countertops. I'm curious to see if the other models will carry the higher numbers, too. My bet is they will.

We noticed a third letter on some of the model designations, like "RLS". What is the S for? Anybody know?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #7
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Wendell ... will have to let you know whether or not we can make it to Marianna. We currently have a Plan A and a Plan B going as far as travel plans; if Plan A doesn't work out, there is a definite possibility that we will be able to visit with you and Margaret. We'll let you know as soon as we can.

Dave ... we're in Gulf Shores, Alabama and will be here for another week. Steve is trying to cut back on his forum time, but said he's going to try to get on tonight or tomorrow.

Dale ... hey there right back at ya! We're doing fine. Still happy with the new job? The lack of kitchen counter space is something I don't like about the 3485. But then, Glenn and Lorraine don't do much cooking so I can see where this model is so appealing to them.

Glenn ... I'm with you ... all those numbers go in one of my ears and out the other. Steve and I stuck our heads inside a 2955 on the same lot where the 3485 is located and man, you guys are going to feel like you've moved into a mansion! We're tickled for you guys ... I can really see why you like the 3485! Are you going to get a w/d combo? If not, you'll have a lot of storage under the bedroom tv, once you put in some shelving.

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote