Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2007, 05:48 AM   #41
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
I gess you call it hind site, we just got our 3400 on the 28th of Dec and read this tread before we picked it up and thought WELL ill wait till later and put them on when they are on sale.. when returning fron KC MO in the snow storm while at our son's for 3 days the ICE froze on the slides and at 5AM when we were going to leave I had to go on the slick roof and brake the ICE so the slides would go in and then put towles on the floor for the melting that I was unable to remove. Should have got them on the new one at the dealer...save money work more!

Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:00 PM   #42
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rich, 3 to 4 years is what we were told. On our 3295RK, they were four years old when we traded the rig. They were ready for replacement. They'd had 3 1/2 years of fulltime use, in lots of sun, ice, snow, rain, etc. And lots of wind including some where I figured they'd be ripped off, but suffered not at all from what I could see.

Bob & Lee, Naylor would have had to order them. They don't carry them in stock. Too many different sizes. But any rv dealer should be able to get them for you. The A&E toppers are identical to what Keystone installs. Also look at Carefree. We've had ice storms and when retracting the slides the ice just rolls off the sides and crashes to the ground. Makes quite a bit of noise. And you'd want to be out of the line of fire. But I've never had to go on the roof in order to get underway, except one time without toppers when I had to sweep off the acorns first.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #43
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
OK, It looks like slide toppers just made my list of things to spend money on, I mean add to the Monty. I see that CW sells them and installs them also. The prices seem fairly reasonable. Maybe I could make a deal on 4 slide toppers and 4 or 5 window awnings. Has anybody bought them elsewhere and were they a comparable model with similar or lower price.

I like the idea of using CW as they seem to be in many states in case of repair or malfunction. I have, so far several items I want CW to install. Is it fair to ask them for a good discount for volumne work??? In other words, DO THEY DEAL?

Anyone agree?
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:35 AM   #44
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I think a lot of people have used CW for toppers and awnings. We looked at using them for our window awnings but they have to order the items and we were not going to be in the area long enough. Prices seemed comparable to our dealer, who we ultimately purchased from. I doubt CW will deal on price but never tried it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:49 AM   #45
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
I don't know whether CW will give discounts, but it never hurts to ask. I recently got a LineX bed liner in my truck. My son was also looking for a spray in bed liner at the same time. I asked about a two truck discount. They said they hadn't done one like that before, but they would same some money doing two at the same time and would pass some of their savings on to us. Don't ask = no discount. Ask = maybe.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote