Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2018, 09:17 AM   #21
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
For future reference, if you want to attach a picture, look below the reply box and click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down to Attach Files and click on Manage Attachments.
An attach image button for pictures would be a very good thing to help the less techy

2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:07 PM   #22
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
An attach image button for pictures would be a very good thing to help the less techy
There already is one. There are a couple of sets of instructions which might help you in loading pictures. Go to http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=70323 and read posts #8 and #25.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:57 PM   #23
Ladybug8881
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14640
Yes i know of it being done and it looks goood
Ladybug8881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:40 AM   #24
jaybird2388

M.O.C. #22308
I installed a Shoreline Reels Technology Research Corp CS12D-SR Motorized Cord Storage Reel. All it needs is 12 v. I've had it for many hears. i love it!
jaybird2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:02 PM   #25
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
This is another mod I have been interested in performing. I am not sure it if was ever offered as a option on the 2015 3440RL models however the street side read panel looks like it is suitable for fitting the reel and is adjacent to the power connection in the rear cap. I have looked at all the information I could find online regarding the CS12D-SR and it appears to a bolt on add-on. On the 3440RL floor plan the fresh water tank is on the opposite side of the frame where the reel would be bolted. My question or concern for anyone in the know is how close is the tank on the other side of the frame to the frame? I will need to drill the frame for the bolts and need access to place hardware on the opposite side. I know I could drop the corroplast but I only want to do it once when the time comes to install. I have never dropped the underbelly and from what I have gathered here on the forum it's at best no fun and at worse could be a bit of a can of worms regarding the fasteners. Thanks.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:40 PM   #26
jaybird2388

M.O.C. #22308
I was lucky. I have a 2010 3400RL The bedroom TV is 12v. This is the one you can hook up in the basement. There is a 12v socket there. The reel holds a 35 ft 50 amp cord.
jaybird2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:06 AM   #27
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
This is another mod I have been interested in performing. I am not sure it if was ever offered as a option on the 2015 3440RL models however the street side read panel looks like it is suitable for fitting the reel and is adjacent to the power connection in the rear cap. I have looked at all the information I could find online regarding the CS12D-SR and it appears to a bolt on add-on. On the 3440RL floor plan the fresh water tank is on the opposite side of the frame where the reel would be bolted. My question or concern for anyone in the know is how close is the tank on the other side of the frame to the frame? I will need to drill the frame for the bolts and need access to place hardware on the opposite side. I know I could drop the corroplast but I only want to do it once when the time comes to install. I have never dropped the underbelly and from what I have gathered here on the forum it's at best no fun and at worse could be a bit of a can of worms regarding the fasteners. Thanks.
The corroplast is only hard when you first drop it and reinstall. Removing the nails and replacing with screws takes a bit of extra effort. After the screws are in it it pretty easy and servicable.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:37 AM   #28
Lee A Thorson

M.O.C. #18857
Quote:
Originally Posted by artfuldodger View Post
I have fitted the same cord reel as Montana uses on my 2017 3720. I removed the fender(very easy ) and mounted the unit on the frame just like the factory does. I disconnected the 50 amp. line and reconnected the line to the electric block. This was tricky only because the wire is so stiff. Whole was cut in the fender while off the rig, for the switch , which comes with hook up instructions. The power for the rail required a wire from breaker box to the reel. Works great and looks like it was factory installed.
Thanks for the inspiration. I do have a few questions.

I assume you attached the reel to the I-beam. Did you drill and tap the beam or bolt through it?

What connectors did you use to connect the copper wire from the reel to the (I assume) aluminum wire in the coach?
Lee A Thorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:32 AM   #29
jenandjer

M.O.C. #22524
Caution: Do not connect the copper wire to any aluminum. The two metals in contact cause corrosion, will literally burn apart and fail. potentially causing a fire. Any connections should always be inside a covered electrical metal box. Yes, I have seen such connections burn up. It is illegal under construction codes.
jenandjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:52 PM   #30
artfuldodger
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10933
I drilled and tapped, and yes, be sure the fresh water tank isn't too close to the frame.
artfuldodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:04 PM   #31
carrollti
Established Member

M.O.C. #19427
How does this work? You have to unwind the cord then pull cord to the rear to plug it into the receptacle.
carrollti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:24 AM   #32
Mosnowman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19731
Love my MoRryde Hand Reel. Installed it with enough clearance right by my MoRryde Sliding Drawer. I guess power reel would be nice, but these MoRryde Reels are very easy to reel. My two cents..
Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote