Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Converter and sevice request

Hi everyone we are currently working at Bowlin Travel Center ( Flying C Ranch) on old Route 66 or I-40 in New Mexico. Our coverter seems to be clicking like a heart beat is that normal? We've been full time since May 07 I don't remember hearing it this much, everything seems alright. We will be leaving here in March or April, On the way to the next area I would like to have the wheel bearing packed, there is a Camping World in Albuquerque. Do they do good work and how much might it run. thanks randye

randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
check your 12v connections at the battery,might be a loose wire, are the lights and balance of electrical working ok? if it continues,I would have it looked at sooner then march,could be an unseen electrical problem, Can't answer the wheel bearing prices.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Sorry it took time to get back to you. I checked my electric cable to both deep cell batteries and one needed a little turn,but its still doing the clicking its quieter now. All our eletriciy works fine, we do run two Lasko heaters most all day 24/7 its cold most mornings and evenings. Maybe thats it they run a lot of amps? randye
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:34 AM   #4
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
The only thing I ever hear from the converter is the fan when it is on. My fan only comes on when 12 volt lights are on and then depending on which ones as to the speed of the fan. Like racerjoe said, if you are hearing a clicking sound you need to have it checked I don’t think that is a normal sound from the converter but there are many different bands/types etc so it might be normal on some of them. The other possibility is a loose connection at the converter arcing which needs to be fixed ASAP.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:31 AM   #5
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Aloha RV in Albuquerque is the Montana Dealer there -- It has been several years since I last actually had anything done by them (was home visiting in-laws and had a problem -- they got me in quickly, fixed what was wrong the first time, and actually charged me less than I expected for the repair.) Also, they are a top notch dealer according to the 'Top 50' listing in latest Highways and such magazines.

That said, at first I thought it might simply be the cooling fan wobbling because of dirt but upon re-reading your post, I don't believe so either. Add my 'vote' to getting ahold of a dealer to check it out.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote