Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HOBBY CENTRAL > Arts & Crafts
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2006, 07:06 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Female singers

I am posting under Rich's name for the moment...

This is Helen, and I am a Sweet Adeline, looking for other Sweet Adelines, who might be in either the Yuma, Az or RGV area NEXT winter.

At the moment, our chorus is getting ready for regional competition, (we are singing for eval as we are going to Vegas in October), then I will probably go CAL. Since we SAI's know how we have withdrawals if we don't sing some BBS now and then... I thought I'd look for others NOW, so we can get acquainted and form a plan.

I am a bass, have been in 3 quartets (none of them wanted to compete... just wanted to have fun :out: and have been in 2 choruses... total 10 years SAI time.

If you are one of my harmony sisters and would be interested in 'bustin' a chord or two... let me know.

We can either post here or you can email me at Snowhawk22@alltel.net

Helen

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:18 AM   #2
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Helen,
We will be in Yuma area next fall. I love to sing.... However......... I can't carry a note, sorry. But, if you do hook up with others that do, I'd love to be able to "sit in the wings" and listen. Good Luck.
Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:01 PM   #3
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Helen, Yuma has a chapter of Sweet Adelines called the Hi Jolly Chorus. It is small, but the women are great. It is made up of mostly snowbirds and they welcome sister SA's for the winter season. The director sings with San Diego - yes, she drives 4 hours to San Diego every week to sing. I sang with Hi Jolly our first winter there and really enjoyed it. They are not at the level you are used to, but they will really appreciate having you. If you want, I can give you an email contact. And, by the way, good luck in Las Vegas!!

Pam (formerly with Choral-Aires, Region 3)
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:20 PM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Love your new pictures, Helen!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:39 AM   #5
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Helen, we will be in the RVG and I am an x-SAdeline. I sang tenor for 10 years in Fairbanks and loved it. However, I will let you know that I cannot read music to save my soul, I learned everything off learning tapes. I may check out a local group this winter.....I so miss my SA friends! Besides that, singing is so very very good for you. Best of luck in Comp!
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:49 PM   #6
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Helen and Kim - if you're in the RGV check out Magic Valley Chorus which is the SA chapter there. It is a small chorus with very nice women. I visited last winter.
Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:05 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ladies,

Hi! Wow... this will teach me to not check the site more than once a week. Thanks for all the wonderful replies. I knew there'd be chapters out there... we SA's are everywhere. I am so looking forward to meeting up with you this winter. Maybe we can group and visit the local chapters together. Wouldn't they be delighted if a bunch of us just showed up one night?!?

My thoughts on "bustin' a chord" were to just have fun. I'm debating bringing my keyboard 'cuz I can't sight read... I can read the notes but don't have a clue what they sound like without my keyboard. We can tinker. Anyone have any favorite songs... not complicated.. that maybe we could get the music to and just play with it?

Helen

P.S. I promise I'll check this site more often.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:45 PM   #8
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
ok.. I registered as myself... so you won't see anymore Sweet Adelines stuff from richfaa... look for me under Snowhawk from now on. Thanks! Helen
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:47 AM   #9
mjflora
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5556
Hi Helen,

Just saw your post. I'm an ex-SA - I sang and danced in the front row with the Rich-Tones for several years. I'm also a bass, have been in a quartet (we competed in Regionals, came in 6th!). I had to quit when I moved to saudi Arabia. I tried to start a chorus over there, but there just wasn't that much interest or dedication. I now live in the mountains in Montana, 50 miles from the nearest city, so I haven't started back up yet. Sure do miss it!

We will be going to AZ next winter - might as well be Yuma! When will you be there and where will you be staying?

Mary
mjflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:26 AM   #10
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
We basses sure are great folks, aren't we??? I sing and dance in the front row of Greater Cleveland (you're a Rich Tones??? oooo, drool). We've been to Int'l twice and landed 25th both times (frustration!). We'll see how it goes in Vegas (have you see the line-up of competitors??? OMG!)Top 10 are all sewn up. Did you quit the whole organization or go CAL?

We haven't set a departure date for points west, just yet. I retire on Halloween this year, so any time after that, we can leave. I just ordered a book of tags voiced for women... and am planning to bring my Casio keyboard. If we could find a couple other parts... I used to sing bari (hated it 'cuz I can't hear it but I have the range for it)... we could form a short term, play quartet. From some of the posts.. we would already have an audience.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:32 AM   #11
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
ooops, forgot to include... we haven't picked a campground yet.. Richfaa seems to think that since gas prices are up so much, that the campgrounds might not be so crowded and we can just pick a campground and not make advanced reservations. That's his department. I don't know if that's a good idea or not... we are new to this long term outing experience.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:38 AM   #12
mjflora
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5556
I WAS a RichTone! I loved it and Dale Syverson is amazing as a director. I quit completely at the time. I just checked the lineup - OMG! San Diego, Mission Valley, Gem City and RichTones! It's going to be awesome! I'm still trying to work out the details, but I will try to make it to Vegas. If it looks like it will work out, we'll arrange a meeting time & place.

If not, maybe we can hookup in Yuma. A lot of people in my area go south for the winter and none of them are changing their plans because of gas prices. Neither are we, for that matter. I think those that do it each winter will continue to do so. Maybe because a lot of those that do go south, go there and stay months on end rather than travel around, so it's not that big a deal for them.

I'm looking forward to this! Singing again will be great - I'd better start getting those pipes in shape now!

Mary
Old 05-18-2006, 05:21 AM   #13
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Sounds like fun to me! I did quartet for a while... (I may have an Avatar soon... of my latest quartet)... I'm the 2nd one from the left... when it finally posts. I agree... the line-up for this year is going to be awsome! We're going to be staying at the Riviera... which just happens to be the HQ hotel for our convention.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:26 AM   #14
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
If anyone else wants to hear some absolutely TOP shelf, women's barbershop singing... the Sweet Adelines convention is in October, in Las Vegas. You can contact me at my email address for more info.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:20 AM   #15
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
mjflora, I just received my book of tags from Burt Szabo. There are 52 tags (I recognized ONE (When I Leave the World Behind). HOW NEAT! I'll bring them AND my keyboard and we'll hook up SOMEWHERE in this great country of ours. Campers beware... the ladies are on the loose!
Old 05-20-2006, 06:28 AM   #16
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Eureka! The book of tags arrived. Let the harmony begin!
Old 05-22-2006, 09:10 AM   #17
mjflora
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5556
Helen,

Love that tag...so easy for the bass. be-hi-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-ind!!

Looks like I will definitely be in Vegas for the Convention. I'm going to be ordering my tickets for the Coronet Club Show in the next couple of days. Do you have a rehersal schedule (times & locations) for all the choruses? I would like to see some of the RichTones rehearsals if I can, but I would also like it to be a surprise.

I know you're going to be so busy, but maybe we can figure out a way to hook up for a drink of something.

Mary
Old 05-22-2006, 02:22 PM   #18
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Mary,
Nope... no schedules yet. We've ordered tickets for the Coronet Club Show but don't have them yet. Everything comes through the chorus. I have no idea when they'll send them. As soon as I hear of any schedules... I'll let you know.

I'll send you my cell and my husband's cell number. We'll figure out something.

Helen
Old 05-22-2006, 02:24 PM   #19
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Hey Mary,

What day are you planning to arrive? We're flying in on Monday! Nothing going on until Tuesday. I believe our first rehearsal is Wednesday sometime (based on the last 2 int'ls we been to).

Helen