Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2006, 02:44 PM   #21
Ishler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1328
Replaced the blank panels under the stove and fridge with pull out drawers.

Ishler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:30 PM   #22
Redrover98
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3433
We are most pleased with installing my Uline icemaker under the counter in my 3255RL.I lost the lazy susan that was under the left side sink but gained more space over the washer closet in the bathroom area. My wife really likes it because she gets more ice than pots and pans. Really convenient.
Redrover98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:54 PM   #23
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We would have to list several. At the desk area the extra electric outlet underneath the desk and the keyboard tray because even when I only use the laptop I like a full keyboard. The vent covers take away the worry of having a vent opened when it rains. Switching the chairs and sofa gave us a better TV viewing situation. Then of course the washer/dryer was a big plus and installing wire baskets that are hooked down on the shelves above the washer/dryer gave us more travel storage. We also screwed down baskets on the shelf in the water closet so we can carry plenty of TP with us. And a big, big plus was the Sony surround system to replace the bad Q. The Comfort Control System for the heater was a BIG BIG improvement. We moved our Lazy Susan so we can still use it but have a place for the waste basket that is available on both sides. The towel rack hanging over the shower took away the problem of what to do with towels. I'm sure there will be more but that is it for now. BTW while I like the look of only two chairs at the table I would never get rid of my chairs as we have all of them full. They are a really great idea for being able to store more things in the Monty. Same with under the bed. We replaced our mattress with a custom one (that is another great improvement) and we did not find it too high, a little maybe, but not unmanageable.
Happy trails.............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:32 PM   #24
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sue,
Holy cow!! I think I need to pull my coach next to yours so I can copy all of those improvements you have done. They sound great.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:40 AM   #25
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Sue. Great ideas. Where did you put the lazy Susan?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:24 AM   #26
Wagonmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3754
The fanstatic fans I put in to replace all the other vent fans except the original fanstantic in the living room. The ice maker I installed under the sink and the remote I put on the ceiling fan plus the hot water electric indicating light. I have a few more on the drawing board, but not many. We also upgraded our bed. Jack
Wagonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:49 AM   #27
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dave
The Lazy Susan in our coach was in the island on the end nearest the door. This end has doors on both side of the island. We moved the Lazy Susan (it is a single level) to the opposite end where there is only one door on the dining room side. This way we can put the waste basket in the end by the door and use it from both the kitchen side and the dining room side. Putting the lazy susan at the other end kind of tucks it in the corner so things don't fall off when traveling. We have plastic tubs setting right beside it. We keep all the cleaning supplies on the lazy susan and you can reach about 5 or 6 inches from the kitchen side. BTW when traveling the coffee pot goes in the waste basket which has a clean bag.
Happy trails............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:12 AM   #28
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
And here I thought I was the only one who puts the coffee pot in the trash can when traveling. It fits perfect, but I did get a funny comment from a friend when I placed it in there last summer. =)
Old 03-14-2006, 02:39 PM   #29
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Sue! Good ideas. We'll probably follow suit.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:33 PM   #30
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
I'm most happy with the Glide-Ride pin box that I installed. I'm still ticken, and I no longer have to take a licken.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:47 PM   #31
gitrdun
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4075
I've done a few improvements, installed slide awnings, fireplace, movin-view satellite dish and removed the big heavy front tv and installed a lcd wide screen. Next project git rid of the quest system! GIT-R-DONE!!!!!!!!
gitrdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:45 PM   #32
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Slide Safety Switch

Closeup of Slide Safety Switch

Here are two pictures of my slide out safety switch. I used a two pole switch that cuts the power to both the slide in and slide out. I used a piece of aluminum angle iron to mount the little two pole toggle switch up over the hydraulic pump.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:59 PM   #33
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Don,
Sure looks like a great way to protect the slides from an accidental mishap. I am hoping to have the same type of switch done for the battery shut off.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:58 AM   #34
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
For a battery shut off you will be dealing with high amps and heavy conducters and you will need a lot heavier switch than that little toggle I used for the slide outs.

Any good RV supply will have what you need. Thanks for the comment and take care.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:02 AM   #35
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
I hope those of you attending the rally in Mt. Shasta will sign up for Show & Tell!
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:48 AM   #36
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Right now my favorite improvement would be to hook up the Monty and drag it somewhere. I have the camping bug really bad!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 02:41 AM   #37
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
I have put an outside receptable at the door and awning arm, put a propane connection for a grill off my unit tanks, put a drawer under my oven, made and mounted a bike rack on the hitch pin to carry bikes where I can see them, put a board at the top of the ladder to carry my Sat. Dish, and put 2 hooks where the top bolts hold the ladder to hang my step ladder.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:39 AM   #38
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
The best thing we ever did was throw away that lazy susan and install a shelf instead.We have a 2002 2955 and we have installed shelves in the cupboard over the TV, the cupboard that is over the sink and the cupboard under the sink and the top cupboard over the pantry.We have so much storage space now that even when we go to Florida for 3 weeks we don't need it all.We also replaced both the main bedroom mattress and the mattress on the sofa bed and they are much much better. It was money well spent. Ken has installed some extra outlets so we could put some night lights down low, esp. on the stairs.And another thing was Ken was able to raise the height of the toilet, I don't know how he did it but I'm sure glad he did.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:58 PM   #39
neighborman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #323
My and my wife's favorite improvement is removing the closet bar that ran the width of the trailer, sawing it into three smaller pieces (with a little bit left over), and mounting these three smaller pieces 90 degrees from the original orientation. This works very well, and my frustrations with clothes being caught in the door, and being scrunched up have been solved. I used the original hardware for two of the rods, and fabricated two more out of wood for the middle rod. I used little plastic covers from WalMart to dress up the ends of the rods. While there is a little less total space for hanging clothes, what we do have is easy to use.

I tried to upload some pictures, but don't know if I did it right.

neighborman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #40
Sunseekers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #710
Send a message via Yahoo to Sunseekers
Our most enjoyable improvement is the fireplace that I installed. We wouldn't be without one.
Sunseekers is offline   Reply With Quote