Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Dewald Slide System Problem

This is a six year old unit with no prior problems and no adjustments made since delivery.

Tonight when closing the slides the pump continued to run for a short time after releasing the switch inside the unit, then shut off. I figured it blew a fuse or tripped a breaker. Couldn't find either had occurred so operated slides to out position and everything worked properly. So now I figure inside switch may have stuck momentarily. Closed slides this time using switch on pump itself. Same result with pump continuing to run momentarily after switch release. So, it doesn't appear to be a sticking swith itself as both switches produced the same result, and then only on retraction.

Has anyone had a similar problem and how was it corrected? Is there an extend/retract limit switch someplace that may need adjusting?

The only other thing I see that may be abnormal appeared in an earlier post I can't locate now regarding the locknut adjustment on the hydraulic ram. I think it was mentioned there should be some slack here, but these are up tight against the bracket that the ram connects to, and again it's been like this since delivery six years ago. Thanks, all help appreciated.
Don

Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:20 AM   #2
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Don, give me a call at the office. I have Dewald's number for you to call. I don't remember what it is or I'd give it to you now. Call 574-537-8900 ext 4303 at your convenience.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 06:32 AM   #3
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Thanks to Dale (MIMF)at Lippert I got in contact with the company that has taken over Dewald. My questions have been answered, parts ordered and a temporary work around has been provided until the parts arrive. For those of you that have the Dewald system and encounter this problem here's a brief explanation.

There are 2 solenoids mounted behind and wired to the pump. One each for extension and retraction of the slides. The blue lead controls extension and the green leads controls retraction. So, if the pump fails to shut down in either mode, open the connection of the respective lead to disconnect the DC power. The solenoids are identical so in a pinch the wires could be swapped to activate the mode that's been lost, or hand pump the slides.

I've odered 2 solenoids so I always have a spare just in case. $32.57 each + shipping was the quote.

Dale, thanks again for the help, you're an outstanding individual in my book.

Don
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote