Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2014, 04:17 AM   #1
Glenn the fifth
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7117
I believe I already know the answer...

Hello all. I believe I already know the answer to the question I am about to pose, but wanted to check with those with additional experience just in case. We now have a "resident" squirrel living in the Monty. Don't get me wrong, we love animals, just don't want this one. I believe I solved the problem with them getting into the trailer from the bottom side with a noise making device. I have not seen any playing around under the trailer since I put that device on top of the spare tire (could be wishful thinking). The one we have now is living in the ceiling area in between the ceiling and roof (about a 4" space filled with insulation). He tends to hang out between the kitchen and bathroom most often scurrying back and forth. I took the plastic surround off of the vent outside the shower area yesterday when I heard him up in that area. I did not see the little guy, but thought he might make an appearance. So, without removing the entire ceiling from the inside, any ideas? I am not sure he can find his way back out of the trailer anymore now that he is so far in and will most likely either starve or cook up there. We have not noticed any electrical problems as of yet, but I know he is capable of really messing things up. He made a 300 mile trip with us this weekend and seems no worse for wear as far as getting around goes. -Glenn

Glenn the fifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:56 AM   #2
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
Curiosity, how in the world did it get into the ceiling?
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:59 AM   #3
Glenn the fifth
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7117
Really good question. I am assuming he/she climbed up through one of the walls. Must be pretty open in there.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:32 PM   #4
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Hope he finds his way out My man or you will have one Stinky squirrel Corpse in your Rig and with hot summer coming up you will be spending ALOT of time Outside
Old 06-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
Glenn the fifth
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7117
Yep, a little frustrating Jimmy. No way to get to him though.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Dave Sprik had one in his ceiling in his 07 3400 in Florida in I believe 2009.It is still in the ceiling.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Gee, if you already know the answer, I wish you'd share it. Like I've always sais, "I love wildlife, just not in my stickhouse, trailer, or vehicles" or words to that affect, every place else they're more than welcome. I'd contact a pest expert, but I'm sure I wouldn't like the price. If the little sucker ain't gonna help with the driving, then it's gotta go. Keep us posted.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:20 PM   #8
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Wonder if you took the caps off the attic vents he may find his way out.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #9
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
I had a chipmunk go up through the end cap. I drove down a very bumpy road and waited for it to find it's way out and it did..
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn the fifth

Really good question. I am assuming he/she climbed up through one of the walls. Must be pretty open in there.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:08 AM   #10
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
Try turning on your radio with a hard rock station on and the ceiling speakers may drive him crazy enough to leave the premises :-) I have had a mouse from time to time in the ceiling. They get there via the front end cap. I haven't had them for quite awhile now since I put some cotton balls soaked with peppermint extract up in the ceiling. I like the idea of removing an attic vent or two and trying to bait him out.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote