Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #21
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Dennis: SLEWIS wrote in the first post

"We recently stayed at Maple Lakes CG in Seville, Oh. "

I would guess that is the place. Another is the Islander in Lake Havasu.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:15 AM   #22
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Carl,

Thanks. I should have gone back to the top but just didn't think about it. I'll certainly avoid those kinds of places if I know about them in advance.

And all those folks who do not like dogs can stay at those places. That way everyone will be happier.

Thanks for info.

Later,

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:20 AM   #23
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I don't pay much attention to other campers who are admonishing me for something that I don't feel they have a right to do. Informing is one thing, and it would really have to be in the way they deliver the information. I am presently in a CG that has a very nice dog run. Very large, and they have doggie day care provided at a nominal fee. The dog park is some distance from our site. When I take my dog to the dog area, she is in Heel mode, when I want her to "behave." That means she stays by my left side until we get to where we are going. I would explain this to the irate camper and contiue on. If management were to come to my trailer and state I could not walk my dog to and from the dog park, that would be another thing that would most likely have me pull up stake and leave. There is a nice thing about credit cards. You can dispute your bill and in most cases retrieve revenue for services not provided. I would definately explain this to the park attendant also.

Some times I just get in one of those moods!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #24
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
I don't think it would have mattered who delivered the information; this camper was seasonal and was polite.

We stayed in this park last year one time also. Same scenario; another camper informed me but not as politely as this last one. I assumed that last years warning was simply a personal thing for that camper alone. NOPE. The rules are very plainly noted on the cg rules sheet. And the attendant stated that there is a no dog walking policy in the cg, but there is a dog walking area. If the policy had not been stated in their info I would dispute the charge! But it was there in plain sight and we just didn't take it literally. There are more cg's in the area so we will accomodate them. Made me feel quite unwelcome.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #25
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Well, we have to abide by CG rules and regulations, but I'm with you, I would find another park that accommodates our "family."
Old 06-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #26
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
slewis-

I don't know, I think the rule you have ran into at the current campground is a little strange when they already allow dogs and HAVE a dog run.

I can see both sides here.

It is not enjoyable to find dog "stuff" on your camp site, yet at the same time I have two small dogs.

It seems to me that if this place allows dogs, but yet have special rules then this should be brought to your attention before or as you sign up.

I can understand the campground trying to make it pleasurable for all.

And they must of had problems in the past, or else they wouldn't have this "No Walk Dog" rule.....

But wouldn't it be more practical if instead of the no walk dog rule.....

Couldn't they ask people to please walk the dog in the street and not allow the dog to stop at trees and grass on the way to and from the dog run.

More words, but so much more friendlier for all.

I agree with all, since I have dogs that travel with us, I would not stay at this campground.
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #27
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We were at a campground in the mountains last week. Near Buena Vista Colorado. I did not see any pet poop. Everyone there picked up after their pets! I could hardly believe it but was nice seeing everyone doing their job. We always pick up. If I see someone walking a dog without a bag. I give them a bag and say something like this,"Here is a bag if you forgot to bring one." They usually take it and use it.
Didn't have to do this at the mountain campground this time. The campground is strict on people picking up after their animals.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #28
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dusty,
I carry my bags in my pocket, but I'm always glad to get more!

Edited: Before some one says something, NO, Not when the bag contains items picked up!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #29
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Just got back from our first "outing" with Bella and Beast. Lupo and Piccola were with us (of course!) and our biggest challenge was remembering the darn bags! On two occasions one or the other of the "kids" decided to "do their thing" off schedule and both times I was without a bag. Not a problem just meant that we all got more exercise than originally planned...went back to Bella, picked up a bag and went back to the site of the "offense" and picked up. (Having a fenced in yard in town and 20 acres (between our place and my parents') of land makes pick up either a once a week thing or a leave it as fertilizer...learning new habits/skills takes a while! LOL)

Funnily enough, during our trip I was ruminating about the "perfect CG" and amongst those things I would love to see were pet runs on my site; a deep sink to bath the "kids;" and a pet "day care" (preferably a visiting day care) for those excursions that might take longer than you like to ensure the kids could get out for a bit of a run while you were gone.

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:37 AM   #30
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Robin,
I was at one of those parks in New Hampshire a couple weeks ago. Nice large dog play area with a Kampworker who had the contract for dog sitting. They had 4 or 5 fencend in gated areas hooked to the dog park. In the 4 days we were there we never saw a dog in the dog park, or in any of the kennels. Hey! at least it was available and the Kampworker got to stay in their MH free. They didn't have the deep sink, but the hose was readily available.

And you could walk your dog all around the park and even to a doggie beach area. Miya and a Golden had a ball playing in the water.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:02 AM   #31
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I always carry extra bags, you be surprised when you catch a owner who just walked away from their dogs job... Pardon me, I have an extra bag let me give it to you... CAUGHT They look like a deer caught in your headlights. I find it really funny and enjoy catching those 10 precent. Daisy May and I, even make a game out of it.. FIND THOSE WITH NO BAGS.. It's fun!!! Years ago in my profession I use to catch crooks. Now I catch NON POOP BAGGERS, at least I don't have to go through court. ha ha ha
safe travels John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #32
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
That is funny John. I know what you mean "like a deer in the headlights." That is a good discription of how they look when caught without a bag.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:00 AM   #33
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Wayne,

It does sound like a really nice place for the "kids!" Hoses and yorkies don't work as if there isn't enough warmth in the water they turn into four legged vibrating wet "rats"...NOT pretty! I think Piccola and Lupo are even less tolerant of cold than their North American "brethren" as they were born in Bahrain and cold is generally not less than 60 degrees.

One thing I didn't include in my "wish list" is "doggie stations" where there are bags and a place to deposit them. Our city has placed them along a number of the more popular dog walking areas and they are a great hit. It would be nice to see places that allow for pets to help some of those who are "etiquette" challenged to help themselves!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:49 AM   #34
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
Our Maggie will unload her cannon a various times some time we are not ready and like others have said I get more exercise by making more trips to the scene of the blast. Our last trip, a short 16 day adventure we did not have any difficulties with pets or neighbors just lovely sunrises and soft ocean breezes in Bar Harbor, Maine. We are ready to go back, a downeast trip is good for the soul.
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote