Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
New slide awning topper from Girard

Man it's slick! The new model is the G-5000, increased incline on the fabric; steepest in the industry, a top stiff brush to sweep leaves and twigs, purrrty.
Now, if the Ozzman wasn't mentally challenged, I would be able to figure how to get you the brochure; it's a pdf adobe reader deal.
I have it, but worked for 45 minutes trying to get it on here.
I emailed Girard asking for a link or something. The G-5000 is so new, it's not on their website.
I just may have one to show you in Branson, Jury is still out on that; have to check the sock under the bed.......
Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
Found this at: RV Protection Products

Girard’s “Better Idea”

New and better than ever, the G-5000 is mounted on the coach, not the extending slide room as with other manufacturers, providing more pitch than any slide-out awning on the market. This ensures smoother and tighter fabric while preventing water buildup over the room. The fabric extends and retracts with the slide-out room.
The compact G-5000 housing box is available in standard black, white or cream and can be painted to match any coach exterior. It’s available in sizes from 54” to 244“, with a maximum projection of 48”. Made of 100% woven acrylic, the G-5000 serves to protect your slide-out roof from accumulating debris. A built-in brush self-cleans debris from the awning while retracting, completely protecting fabric and eliminating billowing during transit.

G-5000

Specifications

From 54” to 244”. Unique box design protects fabric from exposure & billowing while in transit.

Awning retracts into a compact powder coated aluminum box that is standard in black, white or cream or can be painted to match any color scheme.

Dimensions: 3-1/4" wide by 4-1/4" high. Maximum outward projection: 48” Durable design makes the G-5000 an all weather awning. Lead rail extends with slide room. Box is mounted on the coach, NOT the extending slide room, giving a more streamlined appearance. Large selection of the finest 100% woven acrylic.
Limited lifetime warranty!

Girard’s patented G-5000 slide-out awning extends with ANY slide-out room and retracts into a protective Girard housing box.
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:41 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Cool! Thanks.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
They are slick indeed!!!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Seen these not to long ago...very nice.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:57 PM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
As I was planning on adding slide toppers from CW when I make the trek south from AK, these look like "the better mousetrap". Not sure I can justify the added costs. They are very "proud" of their better mousetrap. Unlike OZZ, I don't have that sock yet (lol). This RV'ing is getting expensive and I haven't even slept with her yet. Quick!! Someone call Wells Fargo for me...........
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote