Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2003, 12:39 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Originally posted as a reply at an "Improvments"

Thread.
As it was mentioned somewhere that the folks at Montana actually read these posts and considering I have not been able to contact them I thought maybe, just maybe, someone at Montana might see it here and contact me or at least reply to this post.

Copied from my "Improments" reply...

I have the same problem with the weather striping on my 2004 2955RL Montana as the rest of you. When I mentioned my problem to a Montana rep at a recent RV show he acted surprised. Claims he never heard of this problem. He also put the blame on the door manufacturer Nappanee Window. To me that was not the answer I was looking for. My 5er is a MONTANA and MONTANA should take the responsibility and cost of replacing.

BTW-I bought the unit in Syracuse, New York and am now in Florida. I went to a local Montana dealer with a couple other warranty problems and his response was "These are warranty problems but I can't get you an appointment for at least 3 weeks" (Note-we do not plan on being in this area in 3 weeks) Again this is not what I expected for an answer. As I couldn't get thru to Montana via phone I sent them an email. That was days ago and I still haven't had a response.
I know most of you folks on montanaowners.com think very highly of your Montana's but I kinda wish I had never heard of Montana's. After reading this message board for months prior to our purchase and after spending nearly 40K I expected better treatment. Not just from the dealer network but from Montana.

Another BTW--I also had a problem with the Fan--Tastic Vent. This time I didn't waste time with Montana and went directly to Fan--Tastic. My problem was fixed over the phone and a few days later received a note from the rep.
To this day I have not received any kind of note acknowledging my purchase from either my original dealer, Meyers RV in Syracuse, or from Montana.

Sorry for my rambling on but I needed to vent my Montana frustrations and just maybe Montana will see this and contact me. Yeah, like that will ever happen.

Glenn and Lorraine
10/18/03-FullTimers at last

2003 Chevy Silverado LS 2500HD Duramax/Allison Extended Cab 4x4
2004 Montana 2955RL 32' 5th Wheel' Pullrite Superglide hitch

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote