Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2019, 08:25 PM   #61
druryg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7984
Stephanie Williams
Tiara Rv Sales
(574) 264-2505
stephanie@tiararvsales.com

druryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:28 PM   #62
druryg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7984
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Where did you get them. After 12 years 2 or 3 swooshes on the road side at the front bedroom slide are starting to shrink, getting ready to peel. Street side still looks good. Would like to get replacements while still available.

Remove them before they crack all up! Much easier!
Old 05-21-2019, 08:50 PM   #63
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Thanks. I will contact her.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:25 PM   #64
druryg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7984
I have procrastinated to long on putting the new decals on but glad I removed them early when they failed.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:17 PM   #65
druryg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7984
Quote:
Thanks. I will contact her.
What decals do you need? My replacements were missing two but had several duplicates as well. After contacted them they may send you some diagrams with part numbers. If so check in first as I may have them and will send them at shipping cost only. If I can find a way to post the diagram with numbers I will. This antiquated site requires third party links.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:07 PM   #66
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by druryg View Post
What decals do you need? My replacements were missing two but had several duplicates as well. After contacted them they may send you some diagrams with part numbers. If so check in first as I may have them and will send them at shipping cost only. If I can find a way to post the diagram with numbers I will. This antiquated site requires third party links.
I will have to back to storage and look again. After thinking more about it, I think it is actually 2 or 3 sections on the leading edge of the mountains on the bedroom slideout that are shrinking.

If you have a picture of that document, attaching that to a post is pretty easy. Using the advanced posting option, you can scroll to the bottom and find “Manage attachments”. Then browse for the picture on your computer, upload it, and then post it.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:44 PM   #67
druryg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7984
Quote:
I will have to back to storage and look again. After thinking more about it, I think it is actually 2 or 3 sections on the leading edge of the mountains on the bedroom slideout that are shrinking.

If you have a picture of that document, attaching that to a post is pretty easy. Using the advanced posting option, you can scroll to the bottom and find “Manage attachments”. Then browse for the picture on your computer, upload it, and then post it.
I see now. I tried to find that but now understand. I will post the part number document in the morning. I have extra stripes but no mountain pieces.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:30 PM   #68
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The graphics on our 06 3400 peeled. By 2011 they had had all peeled and I pulled some off with my fingers. I did get a nearly full set of replacement graphics from Keystone but after realizing what was involved in removing and replacing them we purchased a 2013 3402 Big sky besides we wanted the 6 point level system and the half bath.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:58 PM   #69
druryg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7984
Almost done with our 08 3000RK. The one circled was the hardest to align back up as the compound curve to the original for minimal ghosting and the over all length.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E086250D-0BB0-4B42-83ED-AF43BB4211C7.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	266.8 KB
ID:	3829  
Old 05-22-2019, 09:20 PM   #70
druryg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7984
Curbside was much easier. Still have to wet sand the entry door and re-spray it before laying new decals but to me fairly simple and just the Montana logo as we now have both sides.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	705F48CD-FCCC-4F27-B709-A7DFD2DECD06.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	237.5 KB
ID:	3830  
Old 05-23-2019, 06:16 AM   #71
druryg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7984
Decal Numbers
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2008 Montana New.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	3833   Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 Montana.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	3834  
Old 05-23-2019, 07:34 AM   #72
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Great job. Looks good.

And thanks for the images. I printed those out to go compare to my trailer. The lower image matches my front for sure. And I think the sides also. I know there were some slight diferences between 2007 and 2008 models.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:34 AM   #73
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Great job. Looks good.

And thanks for the images. I printed those out to go compare to my trailer. The lower image matches my front for sure. And I think the sides also. I know there were some slight diferences between 2007 and 2008 models.

I too received an entire set for my 2008 3400 RL, some of the graphics actually had 2007 on them ,but they seem to be the same ones, I have replaced some, but need to get both sides of the mountain scenes replaced, they all seem to match by putting them up to the old ones.

I used the front Montana logo,it is bad again, bought one from eBay, but it sounds like they are still available from Keystone ???

I attempted to remove the front Montana logo, it is baked on there. Heat gun did nothing, nor did the 3M adhesive remover that I have used on some others that worked well. At this point not sure how I am going to get what is left of the graphic ,and the adhesive off. Any suggestions would be welcome.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:45 AM   #74
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
We have a 2008 3000RK. Keystone sent us all new graphics back around 2012\2013 when they all started peeling, under warranty.

We had all the same issues and tried several approaches to remove the old graphics. Here is the method we used for the easiest quickest results.

1: Heat gun and remove the old vinyl. Care here will help to get all the vinyl in large pieces. The mountains were hardest.

2: Spray the residue with the linked product and let sit 60 seconds.

3: Buy plenty and a variety of plastic scrappers. Apply more heat and scape off the glue residue in a nice smooth motion. Have plenty of those blue shop towels on a roll. you will need them to wipe the glue off the scraper. Spray a little product on the scraper as well to make it easier to wipe the glue off.

4: Spray again and wipe the fiberglass clean with a shop towel. (Ours was Gloss Gel Coat)

It helps to have two people working together, One with the heat gun and scraper and one with towels and spray. Also have a box or trash can handy to throw the towels and such in.

Rapid Remover from http://rapidtac.com/

The erasers are a waste of time as well as the other mentioned products. 3M was poor.

It took us a long weekend to remove all of them with this method back in 2017.

I am finally putting the new ones on as we are trying to sell the rig. It is no picnic to put the new ones back on either!
I have had good success with the 3M adhesive remover, and a heat gun, pretty much same method you describe. But no such luck on the front Montana logo, as mentioned in my previous post , heat gun ,and the 3M did nothing. All the others that I have done were not much of an issue, putting on the new ones seem to more of a chore.

Anyway, the 3M has always worked okay, even GooGone did a fair job on the adhesive . I guess at this point I will give that Rapid Remover a shot on that front logo. 3M pretty much melted away the adhesive, but would not touch this baked on adhesive that is left on the front logo. Any other suggestions besides the Rapid Remover ???. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:49 AM   #75
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Decal Numbers
I will have to compare them to some of the ones I received for my 2008 3400 RL. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:11 AM   #76
daveinaz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23256
I am using an eraser wheel to get mine off. It works well on the main side walls, but not so good on the metal skirting on the bottom.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dave in AZ
2008 Montana 3400RL
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:41 AM   #77
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinaz View Post
I am using an eraser wheel to get mine off. It works well on the main side walls, but not so good on the metal skirting on the bottom.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks, I will have to get one for that front cap.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:44 AM   #78
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
My MONTANA decals front and rear came off fairly easily with a heat gun and scraper. But not my mountains on the front. They were more cracked and brittle. I used a 3M Eraser wheel on those and that worked well. You do need a fairly strong drill though. Corded drill probably best as I think it would run the batteries down fairly quickly on a cordless. Be careful to not over heat the surface.

The mountains on the 2007 and 2008 look the same. But the strips, or swooshes, are different. My 2007 looks like the bottom images. But a 2008 with very same floor plan in storage near mine looks like the upper images.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:49 AM   #79
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
My MONTANA decals front and rear came off fairly easily with a heat gun and scraper. But not my mountains on the front. They were more cracked and brittle. I used a 3M Eraser wheel on those and that worked well. You do need a fairly strong drill though. Corded drill probably best as I think it would run the batteries down fairly quickly on a cordless. Be careful to not over heat the surface.

The mountains on the 2007 and 2008 look the same. But the strips, or swooshes, are different. My 2007 looks like the bottom images. But a 2008 with very same floor plan in storage near mine looks like the upper images.
Thanks, I have had no problems with the side decals, but the front is baked on, I will order an eraser wheel. Was wondering about a cordless drill, I have a corded also, probably just go with that.

I was wondering about that using a eraser wheel, heating it up, will go easy. Thanks again .
Old 05-23-2019, 07:18 PM   #80
druryg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7984
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSFORD99 View Post
I too received an entire set for my 2008 3400 RL, some of the graphics actually had 2007 on them ,but they seem to be the same ones, I have replaced some, but need to get both sides of the mountain scenes replaced, they all seem to match by putting them up to the old ones.

I used the front Montana logo,it is bad again, bought one from eBay, but it sounds like they are still available from Keystone ???

I attempted to remove the front Montana logo, it is baked on there. Heat gun did nothing, nor did the 3M adhesive remover that I have used on some others that worked well. At this point not sure how I am going to get what is left of the graphic ,and the adhesive off. Any suggestions would be welcome.
That was the first to fail on us. We likely messed up and sprayed some PAM on the cap before heading to the gulf. It came off pretty easy with heat and rapid remover for the glue only! The decal must be removed first by whatever method prior to glue removal.