Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
soonerhooligan
Established Member

M.O.C. #9086
Mountaneer on Ebay

New member and first post. Has anyone seen the Mountaneer for sale on ebay? 2006 with three slides, bunkhouse model, two air, immaculate. What got my attention was the "buy it now" price of 20,999. I watched it until the time ran out and it did not sell. A day or so later I had an email from ebay saying it was back on the market, same price. It is offered by Sand Canyon Motors, Santa Clarita Ca. Am I missing something here? An "06" Mountaneer, bunkhouse for less than 21K? Is the market that bad for used fivers? We just purchased or rig in Nov. of last year. I hope the credit union is not looking at ebay. Somebody reassure me. Thanks Soonerhooligan

soonerhooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Sooner its probably true. There are a couple of 2007 models for sale in our state that are listed for less that $33,000. It is quite a hit to take for those of us who purchased a new unit before the economy went south. In a couple of years the prices will recover. For now just sit back and relax at beautiful Lake Murray...if you can find an open space.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
tcorbitt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5799
Here in the North East it does appear to be just that bad. Last fall we decided to upgrade our 2006 Mountaineer Bunkhouse 342pht. The dealer would only offer 20K cash on consignment. We listed it on ebay for $25K and did get 4 offers that were contingent on the sale of buyers units. After 6 weeks, none of these came through. We decided to hold on to in but then two days before Thanksgiving, our dealer called to see if we still had the unit. I was just about to put it away for the winter. He had a buyer who was looking for a bunkhouse and sent them our way. The buyer offered $23K which we decided to take. We plan to purchase a BigSky this spring. The discounts we are being quoted are 45-50% off list price. Makes us feel a bit better about the low price we were able to get for the Mountaineer. Never thought we could order a new BigSky for less than $50K, but this is about what we now expect to pay. We will see when we decide to take the dive and commit to the order next month!!

Tim
tcorbitt is offline   Reply With Quote