Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2008, 05:34 AM   #1
davidgrennie

M.O.C. #8606
Finally getting around to it

Hello all! Having been a member since early spring, I finally got around to posting a response yesterday, so I should go ahead and introduce ourselves. My wife, Deb, and I our on our second Montana here in Billings, Montana.

Our first was a used 2005 3400RL that we purchased last year and used for a three week trip to Minnesota and Iowa to visit relatives, plus some weekend camp trips in the Red Lodge, Montana, and northern Wyoming areas. This spring we saw a 10th Anniversary 3465SA at a local RV show and really liked the separate bedroom without the bathroom sink and shower in the bedroom, as well as several other features, so we ordered one.

After a couple of local weekend shakedown camping trips, we headed back to Minnesota and Iowa for 2 months this time, taking in my 40th year high school reunion, as well as a visit to Offutt AFB in Omaha, Nebraska, where we were stationed for 3 years in the early 80's.

Now we are back in Billings and hope to get at least one or two local camping trips in before the snow flies. A tip of the hat to the couples in Dillon, Montana, and Seward, Alaska, but my wife doesn't feel adventurous enough for that kind of camping. I remind her that during the 14 years we were stationed at Elmendorf AFB, Alaska, we camped in the chilly rain on the Kenai peninsula in a tent, but she replies that she was a lot younger then! My first 8 years in the AF were in Photography, with the last 12 being in Computers and Communications. In addition to Offutt and Elmendorf AF bases, we also spent 3 years at Travis AFB, California.

I suppose I've rambled enough, but I'm glad to have found the MOC and these forums, as they are an indispensable source of information!

davidgrennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:43 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Welcome aboard and thanks for your service.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:31 AM   #3
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
A welcome to you David and tks for your service as well. While I was in the Navy, I was assigned (way back) to Vandenbrug AFB and always liked eating at the AF dining. They had dishes! Someday we will get to visit the great state of Montana in our Montana! Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:16 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673

Thank you for your many years of service to our country, and welcome to the forum.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #5
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
We also thank you for your years of service and hope you have many happy times in your new unit.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome to the MOC Family.

If you ever need to get a round to it just scroll down

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #7
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
You have bought the best unit as we say ,, we just got our 3465SA in late july and just ask nailbender how he likes his ,, by the way , we are on the way to the rally in goshen, in and pulled into a park in traverse city, mi , its a silver bullet only camp ground but they rent out , its a airforce guy name charlie, not a member yet but he said he is going to join but he has a 3465SA in late april this year ,, we have started something i think,, sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:08 PM   #8
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Welcome to the best forum and info on the web....and thank you for your service to our country! Enjoy your new rig!
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #9
sunshineduo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8513
Congrats! Pretty new owners here ourselves, but already have discovered the wealth of knowledge and experience on the boards to be absolutely wonderful.
Safe travels, and enjoy your new rig!
sunshineduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:43 AM   #10
itaves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8637
Good luck with your new 5er! We just bought our first Montana this summer & really love it. Best of all, this forum has been a great source of information from some really GREAT people! Can't wait to get started as a fulltimer, which will be as soon as our house sells!

Also, thanks for your years of service!
itaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #11
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Welcome!

The Montana Owners Club (MOC) will be your premier source for information about your Keystone RV product and to make RVing an enjoyable experience.

There is so much information at first that you won’t know where to start, but just read what is interesting; don’t be shy, and post your questions to the field of experienced users. No questions are too big or too small; there is always someone who knows something about your inquiry.

Oh, did I tell you about the bonus? The bonus is the great group of people who share a common interest with you!

See if you can schedule a rally in your future so you can meet some of these wonderful members and learn new ideas first-hand!

From the time of this posting:
There are only 128 days until the 2009 Quartzsite Rally!
There are only 254 days until the 2009 Lake Siskiyou, CA Rally!
There are only 272 days until the 2009 7 Feathers, OR Rally!

Thank you for your years of service!

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:27 PM   #12
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
AND only 14 more days to the Fall Rally in Goshen, IN at the Keystone factory.......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote