Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2008, 05:26 AM   #121
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Quick Search

Stock No

Type
New & Used New Only Used Only
Class
Any Class Class A Class B Class C Fifth Wheel Folding Camper Travel Trailer Class A Diesel Other Vehicle
Manufacturer
Any Manufacturer Bayliner Chevrolet Coachmen Crossroads Damon Dodge Fleetwood Ford Forest River Georgie Boy Gulf Stream Holiday Rambler Itasca Jayco K-Z Keystone National Newmar Odessa Palomino Pilgrim Intl R-Vision Rockwood Skyline Southwind Starcraft Sunnybrook Thor Toyota Weekend Warrior Winnebago

Brand

Collier RV Super Center
7373 Harrison Ave.
Rockford, IL 61112

Service - negative zero (there is no rating a business as this...it should not be in business!)
They treat you good when you purchase your rv...it is afterwards that they do not perform the service work as it should be. First couple of times you dismiss it but time and time again is to much.
Hsd a new microwave installed under warranty- Collier broke it installing it but failed to tell us!
Then when the hydraulic hose failed (defective) it was a nighmare just trying to get the hose! Had to call Keystone and even Mike at Keystone said, and I qoute, "I do not know what Collier's problem is!" He then in turn gave me a number to Master Tech.
So we will not do business with Collier Rv now or in the future any extended warranty work will be done at a dealer who knows what they are doing.

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:13 AM   #122
NASCARon
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4082
UPDATED RATING
Beckleys RV Center in Maryland
Overall Sales Experience 4
Service 4
Gave them another chance. This was worse than the last. They evidently don't like returning customers. Will not deal with them again.
NASCARon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:32 PM   #123
cucalene
Established Member

M.O.C. #8260
Send a message via AIM to cucalene
We bought our Monty at Mike Thompson's in Colton California. The sale dept was good 7 out of 10. But the service dept. is the worse experience I have encountered. I had them install my hitch and electric plug in my P/U bed and they used Scotch-Lock connectors for the wiring. I have lost my trailer lights and brakes at different times. I ended up rewiring the plug myself. They never repaired any of the items I needed, plus they always have excuses why the parts they ordered never came in. If you know anyone who wants to buy there please warn them.
cucalene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:51 AM   #124
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Pocono RV - Wind Gap, PA
I would rate this dealership very high - they are a 10 (both service and sales) in my book.
They supported our 2007 NE rally with displays of new units as well as sponsoring a breakfast.
They serviced my 2005 Montana even though I bought it in Indiana and worked with me through some warranty issues.
Their pricing is excellent - I just ordered a 2009 BS from them. They are fair, honest and stand-behind their work.
Contact Don for sales or Rich for service at 610-863-5239
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:38 AM   #125
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Beckley's RV

That was my first time there while at the NE rally. They certainly were very nice to us. I was impressed at their store and was glad to find some things we needed.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:15 PM   #126
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Rick's RV in Joliet, IL. I broke the handle for my black tank dump valve at the fitting. Went to Rick's for a repacement. The only ones they had were 7 inches and 24 inches, just my luck I thought, one too small and one way too big. They took my old one and retapped the end and cleaned it up and it fit fine. "No charge, just tell folks about us!!!!" Done deal!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:36 AM   #127
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Beaudry RV , Tucson, AZ

Sales 8+ The salesperson was friendly and helpful, good followup after the sale, good pre delivery inspection. A little put off by the "used car" sales tactics, though. (We'll need to hold your driver's license to show that you are sincere in your offer." I told them I didn't play that game, and if they wanted my business, they shouldn't either. I left my final offer, and told them I was leaving in the morning, and they could accept it or not. They came by next morning, and we wrote the deal. I would have preferred a little more straightforward transaction,but overall the experience wasn't too bad.

Service 0 Called ahead and scheduled an appointment to replace the hydraulic slide motor under warranty, so they would have time to order the part from Lippert. The check in procedure was very confusing, and although they had a record of my appointment, they didn't have the part, and the service writer was the most rude, arrogant, condescending jerk I have ever dealt with in my life. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:41 AM   #128
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Tarpley RV, Durango, CO

Sales- no experience

Service- 10 Went in for the recall service on the Dometic refrigerator in my 2006 2955RL. Went right in at the scheduled time, out at the promised time, with friendly helpful folks all the way. Limited experience, I know, but if the service I received there is indicative, they run a first class operation.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #129
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Tex All Marine and RV in San Antonio, Texas.

Sales: 9 Bought my 3475RL in 2006 at a good price and it came in on time!

Service: 10 Great service manager and staff. Both warranty work and non-warranty work is done correctly, on-time and at the stated cost. If they need more time to get parts, they will tell you up front not after they have you in the door!
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #130
priceml
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #183
Send a message via ICQ to priceml Send a message via AIM to priceml
Paul Evertts Fresno,California
sales & service 0
sold me a warranty that when I needed it it wasen't there
priceml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #131
Andy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5871
Alpin Haus, Amsterdam, NY

Sales – 10
Service - 8

2nd unit, great both times.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #132
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
3R RV Service
Union, MO
This is not a RV dealer. They are a service only facility. They tell me they honor most extended warranties. I had a problem with my refrigerator. They looked at it the next day. Said it needed a cooling unit. Part would be here in a week. Part arrived and they put it in on the next day. They kept every promise. They are located one mile south of highway 44 on highway 47 in Union, MO. Very happy with the service I received. http://3rrv.com/
mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:51 AM   #133
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Sisemore Traveland in Amarillo, Texas.

Service Only: 0 Poor quality of work, staff not familiar with Montanas even though they are the Montana dealer in Amarillo.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:38 AM   #134
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Foley's Camping World RV in Burlington Washington. I have given them 9's until last week. Warranty work on rear window above sink. The window was sticking and hard to open/close. It looks like they used pliers to bend the sides of window frame to allow window to move freely. Bend, bend, bend scratch scratch. Very unprofessional work on a brand new 3000 RK. Concerned about having them replace window unit.

One month later...........................window leaking now.
I called this morning to be sure parts were in and was reassured they were in. So I drove down and guess what, part of the parts were there. They installed a new landing jack motor and when I went to hitch up when I hit the extend button the trailer went down. They installed it back wards! The service manager came out and rewired it.
Now I get to wait another few weeks for a new window to be shipped in as the one they damaged leaks. Each trip is about 80 miles round trip and no offer has been made to compensate me for the fuel.

It seems like each time I go for warranty work I place them lower on the scale. Sorry for the negative comments but facts are facts.

As of November 08 all has been repaired and am OK with completed work. The new sewer works great and doesnt open on its own anymore.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #135
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Indian River RV in Sebastian did the recall on my Dometic fridge. They are excellent! Fast courteous and they did a great job, took about 30 minutes and we were out of there. They are just off US1 East Side on Central Ave. in Sebastian, Florida.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #136
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
3255 E Irvington Rd
Tucson, AZ 85714
(520) 745-4900

They are right across the street from Beaudry's and work on coaches and 5er's. I stopped in for 3 technical questions about my SOB. The service writer/person introduced me to the technician and they spent at least 30 minutes talking with me about my technical issues. Very detailed and understandable. A really customer oriented business.

Customer service came up during the conversation and it was stated that the owners are very customer service oriented. I had been standing around waiting to talk to the Tech and several customers floated through the cashier - all appeared to be pleased with the service.

The technician I spoke with was very knowledgeable about my SOB.

If in Tucson and need work done, it may be the place to go.

Oh! And you can stand in the shop and watch them work on your rig if you so desire, so they said.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:58 AM   #137
iowaone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8421
Thompson's RV in Davenport Iowa gets a 10 from me. I took it in for some significant repairs a couple of weeks ago and picked it up today. New awning and fiberglass damage. Big Oops! Great repairs right when they said it would be done. I could never tell it had been damaged. They also repaired a former camper a few years ago with hole in the fiberglass side. Perfect that time too. They also did a number of warranty repairs. They completed them all the first time. New light in front, stripped landing gear, and replaced the 30 amp breaker with a 40 amp., fresh tank sensor was not working right so the opened up belly and found a loose/broken connection and adjusted closet door so it was square and closed better. They are very friendly professional. I bought the unit there in June after ordering it. Great price on their first and final offer. I highly recommend them.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:15 PM   #138
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Leisure Time RV in OKC - 10/10

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=32062
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:06 AM   #139
berridge
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6415
Camping in Style in Brooklin Ontario Canada has provided me with excellent service on a number of warranty issues. We have purchased two Montanas from them. This week we have had our Sylvania microwave replaced here in Texas. Even though the dealer is closed for Christmas week,Gail the service person, has conrinued to monitor her emails and has done all the arranging with Keystone for the shipment and return of the ovens from het home. Keystone has cooperated as well getting the new oven shipped out in four days.
berridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:37 AM   #140
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
Everyone has done a good job of keeping this thread on track. Below is a periodic reposting of the rules for this thread. Thank you for doing a good job of following the rules.

We, the MOC Administrative Staff, think that although a forum dedicated to posting one's experiences, both good and bad, with dealers would be beneficial to our Members, guidelines are necessary to keep each thread true to its subject. As such, we have formulated the following guidelines:

Post your personal experiences only without emotion, not opinions or hearsay.

This is to be a reference thread only to simply state objective facts; it is not to be a conversational thread. Please address questions or comments directly to the poster by email or private message.

Names of individual dealers' management/personnel will not be included in negative comments.

The MOC Administrative Staff reserves the right to edit or delete part or all of any post that, in our opinion, does not fit within these guidelines.

We appreciate the Membership's cooperation in following these guidelines.

Best regards,

the MOC Administrator
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote