Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2007, 12:04 AM   #1
ridgeruner58

M.O.C. #7022
Send a message via AIM to ridgeruner58
Plumbing Problem

Decided it was time to uncover the monty and get her ready for the season. I drained all the antifreeze and hooked into the city water to run through the pipes. I opened all the facets and turned on the water. Went back into the trailer to monitor the situation and clean out the sinks and tub but discovered no water coming out of the facets. I HEARD water running in the trailer and then SAW water running out from under the tub. Sprinted back out to shut the water off and discovered water coming out from under the trailer down around the tires. After just a little panic attack (have never had any problems with the Montana)I discovered a connection to one of the flex hoses to the tub had broken in half. I had the regulator on the water hose so was suprised that a solid piece would break in half like that. I wouldn't think there would be that much water pressue to do that. Only thing I can think of is that there might have been a little water left in there over the winter to cause it to crack. Anyway, heading to WV this weekend to visit family so will stop at the RV center in Fairmont to get a new hose.

ridgeruner58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:36 AM   #2
happy campers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6523
Hope it's an easy fix. Reminds me of the old Franklin motorhome that I bought in a January about 20 yrs ago. Yeah, it's been sitting a while, but everything works in it. Here's your sign! We decided to take it to S.D. on it's maiden voyage, so I took it over to my Dad's to get some of his chlorinated city water to flush all the lines. I was sitting with him on his porch having a beer while the freshwater tank was filling. Opened up the faucets and turned on the pump only to find that the pump didn't work, and there was water leaking from the undercarriage. Every copper line in the coach was swelled and cracked. After 2 days of trying to run new copper in it, I gave up, and we took it without water. When we got home, I ripped out all the copper and ran plastic with a new on demand pump. Only one of many stories surrounding this RV. Hope your fix is much easier.
happy campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:59 AM   #3
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
ridgerunner58, welcome to the forum. Hope the water line is an easy fix. While you have it apart, check to see that no lines bounce up and down while in motion. This could also be a reason for a line to break.If you can add support to the lines, that may help from any future occurances. Just a thought since you have it apart anyhow, never hurts to check it out!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:24 AM   #4
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
My brother had a simular problem with his 70 something airstream. He had to replumb everything and put in a new tub in the bathroom. You never know what your goingto get in a used unit.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:32 AM   #5
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
The previous owner of our TT had tried to install a small "on demand" water heater in the pump compartment but was unsuccessful. We've had this RV for 5 years now with no winterizing problems. I did things a little differently this year and drained the system (but didn't blow it out) then did not run any furnace and/or electric heater as I usually do (to save a few $$$). First time out this year I had a leak - tracked it down to the copper tubing in the add-on heater that was still plumbed but not energized. It's now been removed and next year I will probably winterize the same as the Northern folks do !!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote