Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2011, 02:22 AM   #21
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by NCFischers

Bill,
If they balk at replacing the graphics, do what I do to make them see the light. Wait until the very last signature needs to be signed and tell them that you want them replaced or you will walk. At this point, they are as invested in the sale as you are. I've never failed to get what I was after. I even got up from the table once and started to leave. They folded like a cheap suit.

We didn't feel that we were in a position to negotiate as you mentioned. However, I fully respect what you guys are saying. We traded giving them one that was in much worse condition which included one slide with a rotted floor at which I started to repair and quit; leaving a 2 foot hole at one end. All of the slides may have had issues as well. The side near the B/R slide had cracks from age or stress and one was very recent. With all of that they offered us what we felt was a very decent offer so I really didn't feel that we had that kind of bargaining leverage. At the worst case scenario we can always go to Burlington's and order what is needed. The problems we've found so far are so minimal that we remain very happy with the purchase.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:06 AM   #22
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
... and in the end, being happy is what counts Bill. Enjoy your new rig!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:19 AM   #23
luvmywestie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11479
We have been waiting 2 months for new front graphics from Keystone. We keep nagging and they keep saying they are having trouble with the vendor. It is VERY frustrating and I'm not sure where to go from here. We are considering taking the cracking peeling ones left off and having a naked front.
luvmywestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Our nose graphics were replaced in 2009 but are peeling again. We also have some peeling on the graphics on the bedroom slide and on the other side just under the large bedroom window. I have the new graphics but still have to have them applied. This park does not allow that kind of work. Nor is the 100+ weather something I'd want to deal with. So far the estimates we've got have been beyond what we're willing to pay. A friend knows someone who does this work so maybe next year we'll be in that area and can get it done.

It sure would be nice if Keystone would warranty the labor for decal replacement for longer than they do.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #25
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Our nose graphics were replaced in 2009 but are peeling again. We also have some peeling on the graphics on the bedroom slide and on the other side just under the large bedroom window. I have the new graphics but still have to have them applied. This park does not allow that kind of work. Nor is the 100+ weather something I'd want to deal with. So far the estimates we've got have been beyond what we're willing to pay. A friend knows someone who does this work so maybe next year we'll be in that area and can get it done.

It sure would be nice if Keystone would warranty the labor for decal replacement for longer than they do.

Why would the park be concerned about that type of work going on?
I doubt that I would’ve thought to ask about it.