Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2018, 10:07 PM   #61
Mr Pachu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
The way I look at things, "IF you are so unhappy with your Montana and the quality of work that has been done on it, why do you still have it?" Go out and trade it in for an SOB and see if THEIR Quality is any better than the one you presently have. From what I've been able to gather off of other manufacturer's forums and brands of fivers , there is no difference between the Montana's quality than the others. In fact, there are a whole lot of complaints on other rv websites that are much worse than those that are coming out here on this Forum. You didn't pay $300,000 for your rig and you aren't living in an S & B when you're in your Montana. Do you think that the S & B would be the same if it was rolling down the hiways and biways of our US or Canada? I know it wouldn't. I like mine and have had several problems with it BUT I will stay with my Montana and not go to an SOB. IF you don't like it, trade it and see what you have then folks!

We did trade our Montana for a SOB and couldn't be happier. SOB is a much better built trailer and no problems with it so far. I don't have to fix small things after every trip and no more false promises from Keystone. We can now relax and enjoy RV'ing again.

Mr Pachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:20 PM   #62
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Tytyty
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:24 PM   #63
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
With RV sales hitting record or near record highs every year, why would they do anything different that might increase costs or slow production?
Dont worry, they wont... theyll just slap them togeher faster and faster...
Old 08-01-2018, 07:31 AM   #64
Baldicon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Hi

A lot of you are missing the point.

I have accepted the delivery of new products some I the price range of 40 million. These were all mass produced.

I have never (not even once) accepted one without making a list of discrepancies and turning that over to the designated person.

At this point is where Keystone drops the ball.

The new owner turns over the list and the dealer either does nothing, doesn’t present it to Keystone correctly or takes so long it outside of Keystones 90 day policy.

The reason this happens is because Keystone does not audit a selling dealer’s service personnel and maintenance facility. The closest they come to this is to make sure there is an office with the label on the door “service manager”

So all of the complaints you see here come right back on Keystone.

If Keystone was at all interested in taking care of their customers the dealer that sold my unit would no longer be selling Keystone or Thor products. I have encountered several some as recent as 30 days ago having the same results with this dealer.

When Keystone stops backing the high sales dealers that don’t have a qualified service personnel and facility their reputation would take a turn for the better.

The discussion of production line quality becomes mute if the manufacturer excises responsibility for discrepancies and repairs or replaces in a timely manner.

The RVIA scam for certified technicians is a whole different story.

Phil P
What is Keystone's 90 day policy?
Old 08-01-2018, 08:35 AM   #65
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pachu View Post
We did trade our Montana for a SOB and couldn't be happier. SOB is a much better built trailer and no problems with it so far. I don't have to fix small things after every trip and no more false promises from Keystone. We can now relax and enjoy RV'ing again.
People don’t do their self any favor for being brand loyal. Buy what is best for you. And in the long run you do the manufacturer no good being brand loyal. They have no incentive to make a better product.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:32 AM   #66
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldicon View Post
What is Keystone's 90 day policy?
Keystone will deny any warranty for water leaks or damage done by water leaks unless at 90 days from purchase you have a document acceptable to them that there has been an inspection of and resealing of any and all apparent deficiencies in the sealant on you trailer this includes the sink and shower drains.

This ruling cost me $10,000.00 in repairs when the trailer was 6 months old.

I have this in an email somewhere but that was 8 years ago.

Phil P

PS: all of us need to report any thing that may cause an accident. I am referring to stuff like failed spring hangers, blown tires, failed frames etc to:

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:25 AM   #67
CanalesPac
Established Member

M.O.C. #21018
Newbie question. In context of this thread, what is "SOB"?
CanalesPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 10:01 AM   #68
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Some Other Brand
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:02 PM   #69
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
SOB is not what I first thought it meant.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:02 PM   #70
CanalesPac
Established Member

M.O.C. #21018
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
SOB is not what I first thought it meant.
Lynwood
And that, alone, should explain why I hesitated to even ask. Glad I did, though.
CanalesPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:39 AM   #71
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
Those dang slide gear box's that are failing via stripped gears are being put in almost every RV being made. They are sourced out of China, the gears are crap light white metal and strip very easily. The design seems to be a good one, they have a soft shaft between the motor & the gear box that is supposed to fail prior to destroying the gear box. However when the gears are stripping while the shaft that is supposed to fail remains in tact it is an issue. When the first one went I waited over a month for a new gear box as there wasn't any in the Continental USA as they were all out of stock. The supplier (Bala) told the dealer they were doing an upgrade to make the replacements stronger. Finally came and installed and failed faster than the first original.... There is an issue with them but they are fixed on the pricing not the quality and I"m sure they are winning on the odd's they will fail after the one year warranty and not be their issue. Thus far I've bought 3 and carry a spare at all times now... Sad reality is they are in most 5ers regardless of brand... Easy fix but they won't do it.... So we are subjected to this inferior Chinese built crap because their unit price is low so profits can be high. Then they continue to wack us with replacement costs down the road making even more money................
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:21 AM   #72
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
My lippertt stripped last summer.. 3 years old...