Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2018, 05:13 AM   #21
Jamesb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21011
Not that we have ever noticed. We have been looking at this model for several years, and the front closet has always been narrow. We do not have washer/dryer, so I installed closet rods in those two cabinets to make more room. Comes in handy for the kids clothes that we hang, since there is very limited clothes storage in the rear den. If you ever think about buying a new one, take a clothes hanger with you to the dealership, and try to hang it in the front closet. Half of it will stick out the sliding door. �� You have to remove the closet rod and actually center it, so clothes will hang straight and fit. Just another example of throwing RV’s together without any thought process. Lol.

Old 06-01-2018, 10:40 AM   #22
joshphillipssr

M.O.C. #21834
Send a message via Skype™ to joshphillipssr
Thanks for all the comments! I got a couple more questions:

1) What are you guys pulling your 362RD's with?
2) Do they typically come with a generator or are you installing them afterwards? If installing vs using external, what generator and where is it installed?

Thanks!
joshphillipssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:18 PM   #23
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
For #1 that has a dry pin weight of 2885. You are in dually territory.

Generator question will get lots of answers.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:45 AM   #24
ColoradoFD

M.O.C. #23221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesb View Post
We have a 2018 HC 362RD and love it. We are still working the kinks out. So far, so good.
We're considering a 2018 362RD. What kind of "kinks" are you having to work out with yours? Thank you.
ColoradoFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:49 AM   #25
ColoradoFD

M.O.C. #23221
Quote:
Not that we have ever noticed. We have been looking at this model for several years, and the front closet has always been narrow. We do not have washer/dryer, so I installed closet rods in those two cabinets to make more room. Comes in handy for the kids clothes that we hang, since there is very limited clothes storage in the rear den. If you ever think about buying a new one, take a clothes hanger with you to the dealership, and try to hang it in the front closet. Half of it will stick out the sliding door. �� You have to remove the closet rod and actually center it, so clothes will hang straight and fit. Just another example of throwing RV’s together without any thought process. Lol.
Any significant issues with your 362RD? We're looking into getting a 2018 model. Thank you.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:43 PM   #26
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Issues will vary depending on the dealer It is the dealers that should find and repair all the factory issues. Once you sign the paperwork, you own it. Dealer is off the hook. Keystone may not care as the dealer was their true customer. Before buying, ask the moc about their experience with the dealer you are THINKING of using. And even then , it is up to you to go through the unit and operate everything to make sure it works.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:35 PM   #27
Jamesb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21011
After owning our HC362RD for a year now, we only have a few items for warranty to cover in 2 weeks; the known gearbox linking over the slides dripping on the roof, slide toppers incorrectly installed with screws thru the fabric causing a small hole, Dometic thermostats needs upgrades(known issue), fender skirts screws coming out, outside kitchen support struts broken. Other than that, we love it. We pull it with a 3500 SRW Duramax Chevy. No dually needed for this FW. Unit pulls good and not heavy at all. We opted no generator since we have our own Honda’s. The auto level is really nice. Once you learn it’s way of working, you will never have any trouble. The bed in the rear den is not as comfortable as we were hoping. So, we carry a nice thick topper. The furnace is small for this unit, and is lacking in the master bedroom, but we adapt. And, Yes, I would buy it again.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #28
ColoradoFD

M.O.C. #23221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurtis934 View Post
Issues will vary depending on the dealer It is the dealers that should find and repair all the factory issues. Once you sign the paperwork, you own it. Dealer is off the hook. Keystone may not care as the dealer was their true customer. Before buying, ask the moc about their experience with the dealer you are THINKING of using. And even then , it is up to you to go through the unit and operate everything to make sure it works.

Thank you for your advice and suggestions - Greatly Appreciate it!
Old 01-17-2019, 08:30 PM   #29
Greybeard

M.O.C. #22940
Quote:
The furnace is small for this unit, and is lacking in the master bedroom, but we adapt. And, Yes, I would buy it again.
We're fulltime in our 2017 362RD, and our furnace is way more than adequate up front. As in you could almost roast meat in the mbr and main bathroom. Rear den is cool/cold with a significant drop in temperature and flow at the register, even with one of the kitchen vents blocked. I'll be checking that out this spring. Will also install some vents with dampers in the bed and bath. Layout is absolutely perfect for our needs.
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:04 PM   #30
Jamesb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21011
Interesting Greybeard, glad you posted that. Looks like I’ll be looking more in detail on the duct going to the master bedroom. I wish we had the fireplace in the rear den. I would say that you have one in yours? I wander why they took them out? Fold out bed was too close maybe?
Old 01-18-2019, 08:02 PM   #31
Greybeard

M.O.C. #22940
Jamesb, yes, we do have the rear den fireplace and use it every day right now. A nice supplement. We keep that one on low, and the furnace runs fairly infrequently unless very cold. As for the foldout bed being too close, it doesn't seem to be, but we've not really had the bed extended other than initially checking it out. I'm anxious to figure out why there is such a drastic drop in temp from the last kitchen vent to the den. More than 30* over about 10'.
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote