Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2006, 03:16 PM   #1
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Looking for a dump station (free?)

Wasn't there a website (or more) that showed free dump sites? I am sitting here between Asheville and Hendersonville, NC. I need to find a dump station... Any help?

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Hi Dave... Sometime's if you can find the state web site, it will give rest stops which in some states would show if they had a dump site or not. Otherwise check out their state parks close by, most everyone should have a dump station. Hope you to are having FUN - looking forward to meeting you in Branson this spring.

John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #3
Sandymom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5837
Dave,

I don't know if it's any help or not, but I just searched both NC and SC near your location and the only dump station listed is in Gaffney, SC. Probably not a good option....

Good luck!

Mike
Sandymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #4
Sandymom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5837
Dave - Here's the web site I was using for the lookup:

http://www.rvdumps.com/index.htm
Sandymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:35 PM   #5
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
All of the Flying J's that we have stopped at had a dump site. hope this helps.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I thought I would not have a problem either... Then all of a sudden, here I am. Really odd. Can't believe there's no dump stations near. Todd's RV charges $10, but there sewer is plugged - not good. Rutledge Lake CG will let me dump - for $28...
Old 10-09-2006, 05:15 PM   #7
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
love's and some T A truckstops have dumpstations also have seen them In Petro truckstops hope this helps a little
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:31 PM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dave
Aren't you at your sister-in-laws? Unless they are on septic there should be an outlet to the sewer somewhere. We have two at our stick house. We have to hook up 40 ft of hose to do but we can and it takes a different size connector unless you just hold the hose. We have noticed a lot of our campgrounds charge $5 so the $28 sounds really high but the $10 is probably reasonable. Some RV service places have them also. Have you check any of those? Good Luck!
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #9
2007dura
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2313
There are a couple of campgrounds here in Hendersonville. Don't know how much they will charge to dump, but don't think it will be as much as Rutledge Lake.
2007dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:52 PM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
My park charges $5 to use the dump station. Just went there today and cleaned everything out getting ready for winter storage. Came across a couple Flying J's that have a free dump site as well. Just have to look for it.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:06 AM   #11
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks for your input everyone. I don't seem to have any truck stops within a 30 mile radius of me. I am sitting between exit 44 and 49 on I-26 on Brookside Camp Rd. I will go on the major truck stop sites to double check. I believe there are some CGs other than Rutledge around. I will go to Trailer Life and check. It may come down to taking a 2 hr round trip every week to dump.

Maybe that $28 doesn't sound that bad...

Also, checked on the sewer setup up here at my sister-in-laws when we first got here. Apparently they don't have an easy access to the septic tank and it's pretty close to where the customers are on the driving range. I still want to investigate a little on that, but my sister-in-law seems hesitant, so I'm not sure I want to push the issue. She already paid to have 50 amp service put in for us.

I will do some more checking online...
Old 10-10-2006, 04:50 AM   #12
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Dave,

If you're going to be there a while, it may be worth looking into a macerator. The output of a macerator is a water hose that can be put into amy toilet to empty. Look here: http://www.emptythetanks.com/order_online.htm# Scroll down a bit to see some of the less expensive options.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:28 AM   #13
2007dura
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2313
Here are some links to campgrounds in the Hendersonville, Flat Rock area. I know there are 2 right off the Upward Road exit, which is right down from exit 49 toward SC.
http://www.lakewoodrvresort.com/
http://www.parkplacervpark.com/
http://www.nctwinponds.com/
http://www.townmountaintravelpark.com/
2007dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #14
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Alan,

Found 2 RV parks. I went to the one right off Upward Rd. $5. But had to pull into a site to dump. I don't have a problem with that... Thanks for everyone's input. There are NO major truck stops near us (within 50 miles) in this part of NC. I checked online with Flying J, Loves, TA, Petro, Speedway, and several other websites. Nothing. I take it back on the 50 mile statement... there was one about 30 miles away on I-40 west of Asheville - too far.

Lamar,

I was involved in our discussion last year about macerators. It HAS come to mind recently. I guess it will come to down to if the pain of -

rigging down every 6 days and driving several miles around in the mountains on 8 ft 6 in, curvey roads with NO shoulders, with moderate to heavy traffic, including semis and dump trucks and many misc construction vehicles too big (and too fast) for these roads and then driving on some of the roughest Interstates I have ever been on (did I mention heavy traffic 24/7?) -

is worse than the pain of opening up my wallet for something that I am just not sure yet if I would ever get my money's worth out of it over the long haul - then I will buy one...

Sorry... was that a little over the top???