Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2006, 09:17 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Good Sam Club Life Membership????

Lorraine and I are Good Sam Club members and it is time to renew. Before we do I would like to know what the advantages are, if any, to becoming a life member.

Besides the standard 10% nightly discount, we were once told that life members get the 10% discount on weekly and/or monthly stays. We checked the website and found nothing. Calling Good Sam got us some know nothing clerk that I feel couldn't comprehend the question. Where do they get these people?

We also carry the GS Emergency Road Service and the GS Emergency Assistance Plus.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

.... Calling Good Sam got us some know nothing clerk that I feel couldn't comprehend the question. Where do they get these people?

We also carry the GS Emergency Road Service and the GS Emergency Assistance Plus.
I believe they come from India, Glenn. Actually, I think they still ARE in India, and just answer the phones for all these companies over there... $0.25/hr labor.

What's the assistance "Plus" service?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:56 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Glen and I just had the same discussion about lifetime membership. We couldn't see that it offered many benefits but maybe someone can come up with something different.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:17 AM   #4
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
Glenn,
I joined the GS lifetime several years back. They made all sorts of claims about discounts and specials for the lifer.
The advantages I have seen from it are no yearly billings, lifetime magazine subscription and a large plack, certificate and a GS flag 3'x5' to let everyone know I joined.
Lots of junk mail offers for GS books etc.
If you think you can not go another week without these benifits I would join.
Someone else may come along with more benifits than these but this is all I can remember.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:37 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by awaywego

Glenn,
I joined the GS lifetime several years back. They made all sorts of claims about discounts and specials for the lifer.
The advantages I have seen from it are no yearly billings, lifetime magazine subscription and a large plack, certificate and a GS flag 3'x5' to let everyone know I joined.
Lots of junk mail offers for GS books etc.
If you think you can not go another week without these benifits I would join.
Someone else may come along with more benifits than these but this is all I can remember.
Kinda what we thought but asking Good Sam was useless so I thought I'd pose the question to the family afterall the family ain't gonna lie to me.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

.... Calling Good Sam got us some know nothing clerk that I feel couldn't comprehend the question. Where do they get these people?

I believe they come from India, Glenn. Actually, I think they still ARE in India, and just answer the phones for all these companies over there... $0.25/hr labor.

What's the assistance "Plus" service?
India is probably correct but $0.25/hr is about $0.20/hr too high.

The Emergency Assistance Plus "EA+" is and I quote "A comprehensive program providing you with 24/7 emergency mediacl assistance - including emergency evacuation and repatriation - and other travel assistance services when you are 50 or more miles away from home."
Click here for further info... Emergency Assistance Plus "EA+"
Old 04-19-2006, 01:17 PM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Glenn
We've been Life members for many, many years. Saving money was the only reason we did it. I think at the time it was like $250 and yearly dues was around $15. Anyway I calculated how many years we would need Good Sam and figured it was a savings. We were probably 50 when we did this. Besides we have no yearly dues to worry about.
Happy trails................................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:52 PM   #7
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
We are also Lifetime members. We joined about 8 years back. As I recall, they had a charter member promotion at the time and it only cost us about 50 bucks so the decision was easy. The big advandage to me was no more bills. Never could see any reason to post the plaque or fly the flag unless they pay us to advertise for them.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:28 PM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Glenn! I may be interested in that program. I'll check it out.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:50 PM   #9
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We checked into this at Quartzite in January and found out that you would have to be a member for 12 years before you save anything on the premium. Wish we had known about it when we first started with Good Sam some eight years ago but at the age we are now I don't think we will be able to continue for 12 years. Oh does that make me sad to admit.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:36 PM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
When a organization asks me to become a life member I always ask them..who's life..yours or mine..If the organization goes bankrupt or belly up do we get a refund???? I have no life memberships in any organization.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:44 PM   #11
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

When a organization asks me to become a life member I always ask them..who's life..yours or mine..If the organization goes bankrupt or belly up do we get a refund???? I have no life memberships in any organization.
Does that happen???!!! OMG... I better see if I can hurry get rid of my Enron and MCI stock!!!

*On Edit~ I know... I'll call Martha Stewart! She'll know what to do!!!
Old 04-20-2006, 05:46 AM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I don't think Good Sam will go bankrupt but if they do, we've already saved the money I calculated and we are not done.
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:11 AM   #13
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

I have life memberships in many organizations. Some cost a lot some were rather cheap ALL were worth it BUT I got a feeling Good Sam will not be included in my portfolio. The next lifetime membership I'll be looking at is Passport America.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:34 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Even I might consider P.A. We have only had it a couple of years and are already years ahead.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:50 AM   #15
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
How much is the P/A Life membership?
Old 04-20-2006, 02:33 PM   #16
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Don't know that P.A has a lifetime membership..We did 3 years for ,I think 109.00..it is 44.00 a year.