Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Dometic Model 210 Toilet leak

The rubber seal that holds the water in the toilet bowl on our late 2006 3400RL quit doing its job lately. I fired it but it didn't get fixed that way. So today I purchased a new rubber "O" ring and plastic mount from a local RV parts dealer for a nice tidy sum of $41 plus tax. Seemed way too high to me but didn't feel like shopping elsewhere.

Pulled the toilet bowl, dissembled the bowl and removed the old "rubber ring" and its plastic holder. Couldn't find anything really wrong with it and was still quite pliable. No wear visible. But did notice crud buildup on the rotating flush ball which was hidden until disassembled. That may have been the real problem but was not visible looking down at the bowl. But since I had it all apart I just put the new one in.

While I had the toilet off its mounting, I checked to see if I could turn the floor mounting ring clockwise to tighten up the threaded sewer pipe that attaches to it. I got a full 360 degrees of turn before it tightened up. I think this will solve my occasional sewer pipe leak, into the garage, that has been plaguing me for about a year. Had a bucket under that section and sometimes I would get toilet fluid in it and then would go for awhile w/o any. Had me a bit baffled. Had put in a new gasket under the toilet a few months ago but that didn't solve the problem. But later, another MOC member mentioned they had solved their toilet pipe sewer leak by tightening up the floor ring into the threaded sewer pipe. I didn't forget that and finally got to fix two problems at one time. "I Hope". Time will tell. PS: the new rubber seal is holding water in the bowl and have not had a sewer pipe leak in 4 hours. The early vote is in, now waiting for the farm vote to come in. :-)
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote