Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2015, 06:18 AM   #1
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
CW gets Gold Readers Choice Award

On their winter trip to Rockport, a retired coworker stopped at the CW in Denton to have a Banks Transcommand installed on his Bounder motorhome. It was installed and was tested out … worked as advertised. Once they got to Rockport and started the auto level, about halfway thru the leveling process the Bounder just squatted down. Long story short, while securing the module in a storage compartment the tech installed LONG self-tapping screws that went right into one of the high pressure lines connecting the hydraulics in the leveling system. The puncture let the pump drain all the oil from the reservoir. They drove back to Denton where CW was in a conundrum as to how to replace the 30’ hyd hose. My friend suggested a local high pressure hose supply house instead of ordering from Fleetwood … a light went on and CW eventually completed the repair. There was more dialog and angst, but you got the picture. That’s how you become a GOLD recipient in Trailer Life’s Readers Choice Awards. Footnote ... Trailer Life is owned by the same parent company that owns Camping World. Good Sam's Enterprise LLC Marcus Lemonis …………………

dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 06:32 AM   #2
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Just whom do they think they are fooling with these bogus awards???
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:26 AM   #3
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Sadly more people than you think,there was some folks on RV.net that were bragging their SOB got the Gold award for best RV MFG,That Particular SOB has been doing ALOT of Ad's in Trailer Life this past year Coincidence?????? LOL..Keystone got the Silver OH DANG! Maybee next year we will strike Gold
Old 12-17-2015, 07:34 AM   #4
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283

Sadly more people than you think,there was some folks on RV.net that were bragging their SOB got the Gold award for best RV MFG,That Particular SOB has been doing ALOT of Ad's in Trailer Life this past year Coincidence?????? LOL

No tell me that can't be true. You don't really think money has ANYTHING to do with it, do you?? Please tell me that ain't true.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:42 AM   #5
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
The only reliable metric of performance is provided by actual customer feedback. That data would, of course, have to be gathered, compiled and reported by an independent 3rd party.
CW will never touch my RV again because of the slide creep fiasco that they charged me over $2600 and DIDN'T FIX IT.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:04 AM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
It is interesting that companies in this industry prefer to brag about # of awards received rather than # of satisfied customers.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #7
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
I used to work at CW and believe me Marcus Lemonis cares nothing about his employees. He talks a great game on his TV Show but he is completely full of BS! I worked for them for 1.5 years and in that time they hired and fired over 60 employees at that one store! As a retired manager and administrator that tells me that there is a huge Management problem with that company. As many of you have stated here about their lousy repair work, Quality is not their job one!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 01:05 AM   #8
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Perhaps we are getting crotchety in our old age, but it seems that customer service anywhere is an endangered species. CW doesn't have a monopoly on dissatisfied customer.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 01:49 AM   #9
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Crotchety comes with age ... pitiful ability to repair/maintain seems to be a characteristic of current soceity. As you know I live in the maintenance world. Bunches of the older techs are retiriing as each year passes. The replacement techs (for the most part) are really good at operating the pendant on our many CNC machines ... Boy Howdy can they whiz thru the maintenance screens! What they can't do is figure out what's wrong or even have a logical approach as to how to even start. What's even sadder is when we have a factory tech in for training ... it plays out the same. Lotsa how to on the keyboard ... virtually nothing on steps to diagnose and fix an issue. Those techs can fix their own equipment ... they just have little to no communication skills to convey the information. Actually ... since most of our equipment is made overseas (Germany, Spain, China, etc)... it is very difficult to understand them to start with.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote