Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2004, 04:51 AM   #1
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
IS there a STANDARD sofa?

Ok, Al and I are having a spirited conversation about sofa vs sofa sleeper vs flip couch.

IS there such a thing as a standard couch/sofa in a Montana, that would be one that does NOT have a hidden mattress or flips down to make one??

Does anyone have a standard couch??

Carol

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 04:58 AM   #2
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
never thought about that, mines a sleeper sofa, dont know if a standard is even avail.
Flastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 05:16 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Well, that is what started our "spirited" conversation!

If you look at the price lists, there is a price for the flip couch and a price for the sleeper sofa couch, and they are listed as an option.

Al's contention is that there HAS to be a standard couch.

Anyone know??
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 07:51 AM   #4
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
I asked my dealer this question when I bought my first Montana. The answer, at that time, was No. Montanas come with either the jackknife or sofa bed. In my case, the Jacknife.

I intend to find a "standard" sofa someday. I want a nice comfortable sofa that does not open into a bed. One that you can kick back on and relax and read a book or watch TV. Not one that feels like a padded bus bench.

Everytime I have had someone stay with me, they are asking for the Eddie Bower blow up mattress after one night on the Jacknife. I tried to tell them.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:55 PM   #5
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
At least both the j-bed and the sofa bed are identical size. When we came to inspect our 335RLBS it had the j-bed and we really needed the sofa bed as we frequently have offspring and grandchildren along for the ride.

Part of the deal (instantly accepted by our dealer) was to swap the sofa bed from our existing 315RLS to the new rig. Although it took them a while unscrewing and humping it across there was no charge at all.

Thank goodness they are identical size - Diana had really set her heart on the 335RLBS and the realization that the j-bed was installed was a real downer - thankfully just for a very brief time.
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote