Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2006, 09:16 AM   #1
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Pizza Stone

The DW bakes all the time and we have always fought the uneven heat in the oven, like for the past 10 years. Then we read the thread about using a pizza stone to even out the heat. Well, we got all excited and ran all over the San Antonio area finding one, now to the questions we should have asked before all the looking.

1)What size is best.
2)Where do you put it (on the grill on in the bottom on the plate above the oven burner).

I know some of you good folks can answer this, but we sure don't know.

Thanks a lot

JimF and Joan
Almost full time, still trying to sell the stick house.

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:51 AM   #2
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
on the wire rack
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #3
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Thanks for that response. Hopefully the pastries won't burn this time.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:44 AM   #4
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Jim,

I bought a medium size stone and placed it directly on the bottom of the oven above the burner. I have had no problems with this uneven baking problem everyone talks about. I also am probably not the best person to respond on this topic either since I eat out everyday and only bake(at the most) one time a year.
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:11 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Al found me a small square one, online somewhere, and purchased it for me for Christmas last year. I put it on the bottom, not on a rack, although it would fit on a rack, as it has grooves for the rack. I love it, it has helped even out the heat, no more burnt peanut butter cookies, unless I mess up and cook too long!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:20 AM   #6
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Thanks for the responses, it seems I can put the pizza stone on the grill or on the bottom, no difference. Thanks, that should be simple enough for me to figure out.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:28 PM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
The stone should even out the heat in any location. Mine even works with a big crack down the middle!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:31 PM   #8
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
We bought a square pizza/bread stone for our stick house oven (too big for a Monty oven I have been told) and my husband just loves how it cooks his pizzas directly on it! They cook quicker and get crispier, the way he likes them, and he always comments on how much he loves it. Our stick house oven has never baked cookies well, burnt on bottom to be well baked on top, so thought I would try it and it does seem to bake them better! I have ours sitting on the lower rack for my baking but I may try sitting it on the very bottom and try that too.

When we finally get our Monty, I will just buy the round pizza stone as I believe that will fit in the Monty oven. I found both the square and round ones at Meijers.
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote