Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2006, 08:06 AM   #41
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Do you have any idea of the best price that we can get on this unit? Sure don't want to pay any more than we have to.

Thanks again,

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

Dick and Jackie,

Good luck - I'm envious! Our Dealer is receiving one Big Sky at the end of January, about a week after ours arrives. We have the opportunity to leave our 3400 in inventory and deal on the Big Sky, and it sure is tempting. We are just part timers though.

Not sure there are a whole lot of options on the Big Sky. I think the general packages are actually mandatory for the order. The only thing left might be the washer/dryer, 2nd AC, generator, etc. Other than that it is well equipped!

Brad

rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:56 AM   #42
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Dick and Jackie,

David and JoAnna posted thier feedback on price at the beginning of this post. Push come to shove, I just don't know. I haven't even discussed price with the Dealer other than MSRP is around $73K.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #43
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
I've only got one price so far--a dealer in Ohio noted for giving good prices. His initial number was $50.7K for the base model, which is 35% off MSRP. This includes as standard features the whole body hi gloss, fireplace, king bed, central vacuum, new hide-a-bed, 32" LCD TV, prep for 2d AC, prep for washer/dryer, and lots of upgrades. Only option we were interested in that was not part of the standard package was the slide toppers, which are still an option. Other options are dual pane windows, basement slide tray, 2d AC, generator & prep, washer/dryer (an expensive option) and fantastic fans in bath, bedroom and toilet. Option prices are the same as they were for the standard Montanas.

PM me if you want to know the name of the dealer with the $50K price.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:04 PM   #44
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Just an FYI,
The shower is still a 2 piece. The overlap has been moved higher towards the middle of the wall above the seat.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:28 PM   #45
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Sky,

How are the quality issues on the Big Sky?

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:59 PM   #46
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Old 12-30-2006, 07:12 AM   #47
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
I saw two Big Sky units yesterday as I was on the way back to Ely from Las Vegas yesterday. I do not know the year or who owns them. They were less than a mile apart. Both going South on US 95.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #48
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
David,
I am sorry for the time delay, I did not notice your last question about the brakes until today. All Montana's come with 2" brakes. As of December 15th,(the last I heard about brakes/axles)the Big Sky will also be coming with 2" brakes, cannot go with a 3" brake, something to deal with Canada DOT laws.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #49
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
David,
I sent you a PM on the brakes...
Old 01-08-2007, 12:51 PM   #50
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Dave--thanks for the PM indicating that the braking capacity of the Big Sky is the same as that for the Montana.

Talked to one of Montana's sales reps today and got a little more info on the Big Sky. They are in production now at a separate plant (not the old Cambridge plant) with the first dozen units slated to go to RV shows. They are currently only manufacturing the 340 RLQ models--they'll start manufacturing the other models in the next few months. The plan is to track the Montana production line closely--so closely that they may also be producing some Montana's on the same production line down the road if and when the Big Sky production volume is not enough to keep the production line busy. All they are going to be doing is use a number of upgraded components and fixtures when assembling the Big Sky units. We'll see what differences, if any, there are with QC when manufacturing the Big Skys. The expectation is that the lag time between order and delivery will be less than the 8-12 weeks they experience for the Montanas.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:01 PM   #51
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
We can't wait for the chance to see a 340RLQ up close and in person. If anyone knows of one venturing into Ohio please post.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:05 PM   #52
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I wouldn't like the table fastened to the wall. Would rather have the table we could move around. We have moved our table and have more room and travels better where we put it. Also with wall mount,would be afraid the table would become loose or fall off the wall..
Everything else looks awesome! Beautiful.

David, thank you for posting the pictures! and the information.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #53
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
David,

Thank you for the update! As I mentioned to you earlier; I do not forsee any major QC issues as the Big Sky is not a new coach from the ground up. Let me know when are you going to order your new Big Sky!!
Old 01-08-2007, 01:07 PM   #54
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Dusty and Don -

That one bothered me a little too. I'd have to see it to believe it is sturdy. I kind of like the new pedestal tables that slides on the new Montanas.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #55
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Went to the annual local RV regional show yesterday. The Big Sky is a far and away bargain if these prices hold true to form that was posted early in this string. We looked at the Mobile Suits, and they are much more expensive, but have the same furnishings and trim as the Big Sky. They even had one Mobile Suits that list for $107K. Wow!
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:18 PM   #56
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
The Elite Suite is one amazing unit! I have been looking at the 38RL3.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:20 PM   #57
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
I really like the shower...the table I would probably have to see, it doesnt look like it has the extension either. I would say if you could get it for that price I would run and not pass go! LOL
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #58
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
Thanks for the info. We were all set to buy the 3400 but will wait until we get the chance to see the Big Sky. I like a lot of the changes, especially the bigger frig and the shower. I asked at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and as usual I had more info (thanks to the people on this forum)than they did. If I were selling these, I'd make sure I read this forum at least once a day and also those of the competitors.
Judy
judyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:23 PM   #59
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Just got an even better price quote on the Big Sky from a dealer in Maryland--an out-the-door price (including dealer prep and freight) of $49,850 for the basic Bkg Sky 340RLQ with the three mandatory option packages and all the standard upgrades. I may ultimately add the slide topper option on whatever rig I order, but I'm leaving that out for now to make sure I get a baseline comparison of prices from dealers that others can use for their own calculations.

MSVRP for the Big Sky 340RLQ with the three mandatory option packages (plus the stupid RVIA seal) is $78,325. Thus this $49,850 price is 36.4% below MSVRP. If you assume that freight and dealer prep would add at least $1,000 to MSVRP, the $49,850 price becomes at least 37.2% below MSVRP.

I'm really curious why the dealer is offering such a big discount--bigger than I recall people talking about getting with their Montanas. Wonder if Keystone is inflating the nominal MSVRP more than they do on the Montanas to give dealers a bigger profit margin to encourage them to take the Big Sky line. Or, in the same vein, if Keystone is offering bigger cost discounts to dealers to encourage them to get in orders at the beginning of the Big Sky run. Or---maybe the dealer is just waiting to pull the bait and switch on me when I show up in person. URGH!!!! Hope that's not the case.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:39 AM   #60
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
David, at that price, I would run, not walk with my down payment as fast as I could. That is one fantastic price. Could be that your dealer is willing to trade dollars just to get one on th road for others to see.

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote