Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2006, 05:46 PM   #1
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
You're not going to believe this.... EDITED

~EDIT~ My life is a YO YO right now. I decided not to take the job and stay in the states.
My bride is to have surgery in December with a 6 month recovery / tweaking of an implant that has to be installed. The last surgery she had the doctors damaged a nerve and now her bladder wont empty properly.

Dr's will either help you, or kill you.(i hope there arent any drs out here)

Needless to say, We are getting the TANA as planned and will try to live happily ever after.

The Good News is.... MY TRAILER IS HERE !!!!!
The bad news is..... I wont be able to enjoy it... YET.

I received a phone call yesterday, A job offer that will take me out of the country for at least 10 months. A deal I CANT pass up.

Today, I receive a phone call from the dealer telling me my TANA is here. A week early at that.(excellent)

I am so TORN.
I want to be excited about getting my trailer, but at the same time, I want to be excited about the new job. If I take the new job then I have to leave my trailer in storage until I get back.
I could always not except the new trailer and let them have my deposit money and order another trailer when we get back.
But, I ordered this one just the way I wanted it.

The bright side is.... When I get back in 10 months or a year I will have a BRAND NEW 1 year old Montana waiting for me.

The dark side is.... It will be in storage for a year.

Sometimes life just throws a curve ball at you.

Anyway , I just wanted to let you guys know that...MY TRAILER IS HERE ....MY TRAILER IS HERE ......
MY TRAILER IS HERE ....MY TRAILER IS HERE .....MY TRAILER IS HERE

Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:56 PM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Congratulations Blue. Man, that has to be rough on you, two great things happening in your life at the same time, but not being able to enjoy them both at the same time,. Just keep thinking of the fun you'll have when you get back.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:56 PM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Great news on both accounts. Good luck with your decision. You might want to think about an extended warranty if you choose to keep the Montana in storage while your are gone for an extended period.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:04 PM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
BLUE!!!! OH-NO! Can you take it with you on your job? Thats like getting drafted in the army the day before your new corvette arrives!

Well - the 3400 is a very popular model and I'm sure we all could keep it exercised while your gone - you know, make sure stuff works OK and stuff before the warranty runs out!

OR - if it happens to have a wood door on the fridge I bet you could sell it for a profit to others with Montys-in-waiting!

OR - if it doesn't have a wood door on the fridge - Keystone may have one available when you get back!

In all seriousness - its the most popular model and I'm sure the Dealer would love to have it in inventory and re-order for you before you get back so you have an 08 waiting there for you with a brand new warranty!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:33 PM   #5
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Tell you what. Since I have a 3575, I would be happy to break in your 3400 for you. Since I am not familiar with your coach, I could give it a complete objective breakin. Just a thought.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:09 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Blue,
Congrats on your new coach arriving and the good news on a new job. I know all about life throwing a curve ball. Looks like you have some hard choices to make. No matter what you pick, it will all work out. Congrats again!!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:28 PM   #7
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Congrats on the Monty and the new job. The Monty will kepp until you return and with all the money you're going to make on the new job, you'll be able to afford diesel to pull it around. LOL
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:47 PM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The best laid plans of mice and men.... Know what you mean. Been in Hong Kong for just over a year. Was a surprise, a joy, a blessing, and now two or three months from ending. Glad we came and will be glad to get back to Monty.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:45 AM   #9
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Decisions, Decisions.....I would be concerned about the Montana being out of warranty when you got back. Just thinging out loud. Congratulations on the job....And the arrival of your Montana...
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:54 AM   #10
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Blue, Congratulations on both accounts! I can feel your excitement AND also a bit being bummed that you have this great opportunity with this job offer, yet will have to leave the Monty to sit. The job opportunity may be a once in a lifetime thing, whereas you can reorder another Monty before your 10 months are up and have one waiting for you or keep the one your ordered in storage. A hard decision for sure! I am sure it would break your heart to let the Monty go that you ordered but it would be a plus to have the warranty with a new unit available to you with a new rig. You will make the decision that is best for you! Best wishes.
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:28 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
What a revolting development that is..However..the job and the responsibilities that go with it are far more important than a camper. It sounds like this would be a "unforeseen condition" were you could get you deposit/downpayment back and order a brand new one when you get back. With all the changes Montana makes you may get one you like better in 10 months. I guess I view things differently but to me it would be.."just a camper" VS the job and the responsibilities that go with it...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:44 AM   #12
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Blue, that is great about the job. I agree with Rich I think i would ask the dealer. Who knows on a 08 model they may be offering the 220 volt dryer option and a 2 year warranty.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:56 AM   #13
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Blue, Congrats on both! I tend to agree, either get the extended warranty or get a new Monty when you come home. I think I would go with get the new one when I come home, since I would hate to see it sit in storage for 10 -12 months. I would think your dealer would be more than happy to refund your deposit, especially since he would want you to go to him for the '08 Monty. The very best of luck to you and yours on which ever you decide. Just make sure yyou enjoy life to the max.

barb and bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:11 AM   #14
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Man, I thought all that kind of stuff only happened to the Ozz man!
Sorry, and happy at the same time, well, it will give you something to look forward to, when on the job, plan the perfect trip. Take care, and keep smilin!
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:16 AM   #15
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
OH, MY!

This really is a turn of events.

OKKK, since we are throwing out suggestions???

Any chance the dealer will HOLD your deposit, to be applied to a new order when you return in 8 months. (Hoping that the deposit is not a huge substantial amount.)

Or, if you take your ordered unit, I think I would be looking at some extended warranty items too.

What worries me, after the episodes we have had here this year, is mice and vermin gettin into the unit when it sits that long. Shoot, mice got in mine after sitting for just 3 or 4 weeks.

Your life just took one of those 180 degree turns. They can bring much excitement, much growth, much pleasure.

Good luck in your decisions.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:59 AM   #16
CampingCrazyShirley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6271
I can't believe it! Oh my gosh...good news and bad. When do you have to leave? Will your family be able to go with you? What a bummer. After all this time waiting and waiting. But, like you said, in 10 months you'll still have a brand new unit. But what about warranty issues?
CampingCrazyShirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:21 AM   #17
GlobalDouglas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6376
Congratulations Blue!! I can certainly understand the situation you are in as I'm in a similar one!!!! I founds a great deal and will soon be the proud owner of a new 3400!Javascript:insertsmilie('') The "problem" is that I am deep in the Alaskan bush (not on the road system) and will not be back to the lower 48 to use my Monty until June 1st. Javascript:insertsmilie(''). But, I am happy and it give me something to REALLY look forward to.
Thanks to everyone for making this such a wonderful site. Best of luck on your situation Blue.
Peace, Doug
GlobalDouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:57 AM   #18
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Congrats on both accounts. As Ms. CountryGuy states above, why not check with your dealer and make the offer to put your new unit in stock and have them re-order you a new (08) in 8 months. They keep the sale, your unit doesn't lose a years value (depreciation) and warranty sitting -- If your dealer is anything like the one here, they'll do it without a second's thought.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #19
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Bluegill,
Sometimes life throws you curveballs...it will all work out. Best of luck to you and your wife. I hope her health situation improves and you guys enjoy your Montana to the fullest!
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:03 AM   #20
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Well then, congrats on that new Montana! Sorry to hear about your wife. Prayers for a great outcome with her upcoming surgery. Now she can recover in her new Montana!
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote