Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2004, 06:44 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
For D and M on the Road

D and M on the Road, I got an email awhile back that you sent me a private message. At that time we had only email access so I couldn't get the message. Now that we again have full access, the new format apparently doesn't support private messages, as far as I can find. Your message was titled "Oregon". If you still want to contact me, click on the envelope above this message or click on my name on the left and get my email address from my profile. Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 11:55 AM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Ah don't worry about it Steve. You were in a small town (Chiloquin) in Oregon and my sister lives in a neighboring town just a hop-skip-and-a-jump from there. She owns the local store/restaurant/gas station and I was gonna ask if you had time to visit and get a real "country home cooked" meal from her.

Wasn't Crater Lake beautiful? Just above the door to the cafeteria at Crater Lake is a web cam. If anyone else is gonna go to Crater Lake, be sure to find the camera and wave to the rest of us!!

We love to read about your travels and check your "RV Travels" site often for updates. Keep up the good work for the rest of us who haven't been able to retire yet and travel.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 11:36 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sorry we missed out on the meal! Crater Lake was absolutely gorgeous. The water was a deep blue and was perfectly mirror still. There's pictures now out on the web site. We probably walked right by that webcam and didn't notice it. We were in the cafeteria for a bit.

Just finished adding several of Vicki's postcards to the website, getting us to St. Regis, MT. It includes Crater Lake and the things I mentioned about the Portland area sites I mentioned. If you're interested in seeing them, go to http://www.geocities.com/stevereigle . Click on 2004 postcards and scroll down. May 22 starts the Portland area. Crater Lake is right above that one, I believe.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:05 PM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Steve & Vicki..... starting with "May 22, 2004, Oregon's Historic Columbia Gorge Highway and Multnomah Falls"....... none of your pictures are showing up. Maybe it's my computer?

Who'd ever thought that a fish hatchery would turn out to be such a nice place to visit? *LOL.... when we went there last (about 8 years ago) I think we spent at least 1/2 a day there. The grounds there are just so nice to stroll around.

I love watching your travels.......
Old 06-17-2004, 06:45 PM   #5
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
D and M On The Road,
What's the name of the facility your sister operates in chiloquin? We're going through there tomorrow on our way to Diamond Lake for a few days. We've probably stopped there on our earlier snowmobiling trips to the Bend area.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by D and M On The Road

Ah don't worry about it Steve. You were in a small town (Chiloquin) in Oregon and my sister lives in a neighboring town just a hop-skip-and-a-jump from there. She owns the local store/restaurant/gas station and I was gonna ask if you had time to visit and get a real "country home cooked" meal from her.

Wasn't Crater Lake beautiful? Just above the door to the cafeteria at Crater Lake is a web cam. If anyone else is gonna go to Crater Lake, be sure to find the camera and wave to the rest of us!!

We love to read about your travels and check your "RV Travels" site often for updates. Keep up the good work for the rest of us who haven't been able to retire yet and travel.
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 06:21 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
D and M on the Road, that happens on slow connections, like the ones we're usually on. They will eventually load. It's not too bad when the internet isn't swamped. I think the site itself may be slow sometimes as the pictures are not physically that big. Most are 15k to 30k in size. Sorry it's taking so long for you. I doublechecked when I loaded them and they were coming up for me but this dialup connection connects at 52.0 and 53.2k so it' not too bad.
Old 06-20-2004, 08:10 PM   #7
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Searchers...... I think I read this too late to let you know the answer. She is in a small town just to the west of Chiloquin.... it's called "Beatty" and she owns "The Beatty Store". (It has gas pumps outside of it). If you normally go up Hiway 97 to Bend, then you don't come across the town of Beatty at all. Beatty is located on Hiway 140 East.

Oh well........
Old 06-20-2004, 08:19 PM   #8
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

D and M on the Road, that happens on slow connections, like the ones we're usually on. They will eventually load. It's not too bad when the internet isn't swamped. I think the site itself may be slow sometimes as the pictures are not physically that big. Most are 15k to 30k in size. Sorry it's taking so long for you. I doublechecked when I loaded them and they were coming up for me but this dialup connection connects at 52.0 and 53.2k so it' not too bad.
SReigle..... your pictures still aren't loading for me. Is anyone else not seeing them? All your other previous pictures are loading instantly for me..... but starting with the 5/22 Columbia Gorge pictures, none are loading. The page also says it's done loading. Hmmmmmmmmmm.....
I have SBCGlobal DSL here at home and it's quite fast..... I was thinking that there was a problem with your pictures? Maybe its just me?
*LOL...Rats.... I always look forward to yours and Vicki's travels.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:30 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Hmmm, just went there myself and they loaded quickly. No problem. The first picture is a 'stitched' picture where I put three of four pictures together. It's a wide picture but is less than 11k. I have since moved the pictures stored on my laptop so it's not loading them locally. Anyone else having this problem?

Do you get the red X in a box or just an empty space? When mine loads slowly it also says its done but just hasn't filled in the pictures yet. But today it seems to be fast. STrange.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:54 PM   #10
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Sreigel...... There is just the paragraphs describing your travels. I can tell that maybe the pictures should be between the paragraphs because it's apparent that Vicki is describing photographs. But there isn't any little boxes with the red x's at all.
I haven't checked there today so I'll go look right now.

Just checked and the photos aren't showing up still. *shrug* ...don't know what's going on.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:24 PM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Later tonight I'll try it from Vicki's laptop. Since I moved them to the website from my laptop maybe it's somehow finding the pictures on my machine. Otherwise everything for the 5/22 and later is the same as the prior ones other than I loaded 5/22 and later all at the same time.